Notices

Weekender thread! June 20-22!!! Come join us!

Old 06-20-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by Oldselfagain View Post
Soberlicious wouldn't that be a bit uncomfortable running without any clothes? I mean like what about support??
Yeah soberlicious, could you at the very least wear sunglasses so you do not get bugs in your eyes?

Morning you fabulous lot!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend! Glad the gang's all here.

I leave for Central America in just 10 days, so this weekend will be my major opportunity to check off my "to do list" before I get into travel mode. I'll be abroad for a month. During my time away, I've got some "clients" who will be using my Chicago apartment; they are from New York and moving to Chicago so they'll stay at my place to get acclimated while I'm gone.

I did this trip last year. In prepping for this year's excursion, I must say I'm baffled at how I patched things together last year. I feel much more emotionally and financially prepared to handle things in almost every way this time around.

In treatment, they used to ask us to describe how we felt each morning at our group meetings. If they held that meeting today, I'd say I feel "hopeful, prepared, and optimistic". That said I am also going to keep close to SR and home over the next week and keep distractions to a minimum.

Thanks for starting yet another great weekenders thread!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I'm not completely insane LTV! I wore sunglasses, sunscreen, and shoes!

BigS, did you go on that coffee date or did I miss that?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I have this...friend...yeah, and he wants to know where to get the Soberlicious Gone Wild video.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

TroubleJ good luck with the interview. I really hope you get it.

Now let me see... SoberL.... A would love to do a nude sport event. Sounds fun! Where does one look to find a group of naked people up for sport? Hmmmm...

And yes.. bigS update of the coffee date?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm signing up!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Nons... It's next to the Weasels in the Wilderness video.... Don't ask don't tell.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I'm not completely insane LTV! I wore sunglasses, sunscreen, and shoes!

BigS, did you go on that coffee date or did I miss that?
So that's more like a 'partial nudity' running event and not one of the 'full monty' kind.

Soberlicious, you may single-'hand'edly increase participation in the weekender thread. Boo-yah! Way to be a team player

Yes BigS - how was the coffee? Speaking of, time for cup numero dos.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

You mean to tell me there are sporting events where it's not only acceptable but a requirement to be naked? Oh I am so down for that.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Hi Ken, hi weekenders! I'm in please. It's Friday night and here Down Under we are heading to the shortest day tomorrow, which means that a lot of you are heading to the longest day.

Thanks for mentioning it for me. June 21 at 06:21 EDT (USA) the summer solstice will occur. I plan to be awake. This morning I went out at 04:30 and there were two very bright planets in the eastern sky just before dawn - sky was starting to yellow blue - then I went to bed. So youz folks down under will have your darkest night today. It's not like you'll get two feet of snow or anything - - so get over it.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I might try to grill those bacon onion rings tonight.
That's just wrong. It looked like they were deep fried. NOW, deep fried bacon?

What more could you ask for? OH, deep fried bacon fried in bacon fat of course.

My heart just jumped thinking about it.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I did not notice any male participants with any support clothing.
You actually meant to say, YOU DID NOTICE. And verified it.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Google it Weas! And if you happen to have any clothing optional resorts near you, they may host events or have links to other events. Thumbs up for good clean fun!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain
You actually meant to say, YOU DID NOTICE. And verified it.
I'm lol.

I didn't double check or anything, but yes I verified. Field research...sigh...tough job.

What more could you ask for? OH, deep fried bacon fried in bacon fat of course.
reminds me of my favorite snack food-chicharones...aka fried fat.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Speaking of bacon (for Nons and the rest):

There's a a hot dog joint in Chicago where they deep fry their bacon for the bacon cheeseburgers. They also deep fry their polish sausages, etc. Pork products, deep fried, can't beat it.

Duk's on Ashland is the place, it's super old school and kinda run-down but it's amazing. The other great hot dog place here is Hot Doug's up in Roscoe Village. Chicago is home to the world's best hot dog, bar none. If you haven't had a Chicago-style hot dog, you haven't lived!

Edit: the coffee date was okay, I felt just fine about my appearance! And, considering I'm leaving town for a month I wasn't exactly too nervous about the situation. Even if things went horribly wrong, I'd be out of the country by July, LOL! Anyway, it was good to get out, get some convo. Thanks for your interest...no sparks for romance, but that's okay.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

LBrain, did your heat jump or stop at the thought of deep fried bacon?

The silliness of it all. I was trying to wrap my head around riding a bicycle in the nude. I imagine a lot of chafing going on. And the rhythmic bouncing of, well, just about everything in a nude run. Weasels in the Wilderness. Hah!

If you are in the mood for Hot Doug's in Chicago you have to make it there soon. It is closing permanently in October. It isn't often that a hot dog joint closing makes the local news. They flouted the city council's fois gras ban so they gained a measure of notoriety and free publicity.

Went to an arts and craft supply mega store for supplies for a party activity tomorrow. Strangely, they also sell foam float/surf boards, flip flops and squirt guns, all of which made their way into the shopping cart. A million dollars later, we are home and I need to make lunch. But with clothing on. Frying bacon in the buff could get dangerous.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Speaking of bacon. BigSombrero, a friend recently moved to Chicago and I am trying to remember the name of a great Taqueria with an awesome outdoor seating area. Great margaritas (oi!) and there is an open garage door right by the indoor bar. I *think* it is in Bucktown but cannot remember. Ring any bells? A friend played music there before it was a taqueria years ago and it just has an awesome vibe, no matter what they sell.

Yours is a great city. ***Oh! That's right. Ruby, you live near that great city as well!! Yay! Sober party in the Midwest What I would give for some nice shopping. Exhale.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

yeah I'm here all weekend, day 2 sober after a brief but painful relapse, I think I've hopefully found somewhere to live after I get kicked out of my parents so that's something else to be grateful for today as well as making it back so soon. I've enjoyed reading your posts, thanks guys I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I don't check in for 24hrs and what do I find upon my return? . . . nudity and guys not wearing any support clothing . . . now about these videos!!

How we all doing? . . . I'm just in from work, just in time to see Costa Rica knock England out of the soccer World Cup!!

It's been a long week, so looking forward to some chilling out and plenty of sleep, I'm off all weekend . . . and there will be many many pots of tea throughout!!

Now . . . where can I procure some of those polish sausages?!!
Old 06-20-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Ahh - Ruby, Hot Doug's is closing? Yeah, I figured they'd run into trouble with their "Fois Dogs" at some point. I have had one, they're pretty good. They also deep fry their french fries in Duck Fat. Pretty amazing. I think I had a hot dog made from elk & bison there in addition to some other crazy combo.

Watching the World Cup here at home as well, PK. Loving those Ticos!

Went to take care of errands at lunch: pharmacy then grocery store. Pretty pleased with how my day has gone so far. 3 more hours of work....the weekend can't come soon enough!

LeTheVerte - there are lots of those garage-style joints in my area (Wicker Park - Bucktown). There's one called "The Boundary" just down the block from me, but there are several others in the Bucktown area. To be honest, I do miss sitting out on those patios - but I am fine with being alcohol-free and skipping the scene these days. I have been there, done that, more times than I can count. Plenty of other options for the sober Chicagoan here!