Notices

Weekender thread! June 20-22!!! Come join us!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

mecanix, I did something stupid. I got rid of my SL320 a couple years ago. Now I see one for sale close by and every time I pass it I want to kick myself. It was almost cherry with 38000 miles on it. DUH!
I'm still awake. Been looking at fishing forums and going over knots and rigs. Wife cannot understand why I need a new fishing rod. Can't surf fish with a boat rod for goodness sake. Everybody knows that. Since I've been sooooooooo busy this spring I still haven't had the chance to take kayak to the ocean. As of today I am officially retired.

So it's find a job or go fishing.

Grits - you out there with Olive? It was either take the ferry cruise or ride the big wheel when I was there. Ferry won.

Verte, welcome to the weekend.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

LBrain - i was out there with the hubs and his mom. She mentioned the ferry today so i think we'll take a walk on ride out to Bainbridge Island, wander around and ride back. Not quite sure what we'll do after that but there's always the Glass Garden and lots of stuff at the City Center. There's just so much to do!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I took a ton of pictures at the glass garden. Definitely worth going in to see it.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober week-end! Day 26 for me!
Old 06-20-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Last weekend I make bacon cupcakes. Just sayin...
I think I just peed a little...

Unexpected surprise for the weekend. My youngest brother texted to say he is coming for a few days. He is a school teacher, so he has summers off. He normally does something adventurous and has been kite surfing in the Outer Banks. He said the weather predict isn't good for wind this weekend so he is coming up for a visit. We are 10 years apart, so we weren't close growing up, but we have become much closer as adults and I am really looking forward to his visit.

I LOVE weekends! I used to love them because I could drink with fewer repercussions. Now I can't imagine wasting them like that.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Happy weekend everyone! Sign me up!

Old 06-20-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm in again. Second weekend for me. It's Friday night here and I've just been out at a local gathering. Must have been asked about 10 times if I wanted a drink, I said no repeatedly and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. In saying that, I didn't stay as long as normal. That would be too cocky, and maybe dangerous. Here's to a sober weekend with a clear head, no hangovers and no regrets. I've certainly regretted drinking before, I've never regretted waking up sober and I doubt I ever will. Here's to all of us!
Old 06-20-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

TGIF! just need to get through this long workday and then RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Ken, hi weekenders! I'm in please. It's Friday night and here Down Under we are heading to the shortest day tomorrow, which means that a lot of you are heading to the longest day.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Good morning everyone!

Mecanix...good luck with the house hunting!

I don't have any concrete plans this weekend, but there a place near here that just hit the top ten in doughnut shops nationwide so I might venture there this weekend. They have a maple bacon doughnut, but I really want to try the chocolate earl gray. I'm not going to waste another sober summer weekend relaxing all the time...I want to at least do something fun and new. Charlee and I haven't been out for a long hike recently so that's probably in order too.

But first, another day of work and I'll be late if I don't get going.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I might try to grill those bacon onion rings tonight.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. My day is packed today with stressful events. My supreme goal is to squeeze a nap in about 2:00. Then I continue with a stressful evening!

Tomorrow I have a ladies' brunch. I usually don't have a bad time at these things. It's at my daughter's house. Last time it was at her house it was a blast.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
LBrain - i was out there with the hubs and his mom. She mentioned the ferry today so i think we'll take a walk on ride out to Bainbridge Island, wander around and ride back. Not quite sure what we'll do after that but there's always the Glass Garden and lots of stuff at the City Center. There's just so much to do!
Don't forget, there is the Fremont Solstice Festival! The naked people bike parade starts at 3pm Saturday!
Or maybe you wouldn't want to watch that with you MIL.
Never mind.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello lovely whee!kenders! Is this seat taken or can I join you?

Lovely opening thread about volunteering/giving Weasel. 2 young kids and 2 jobs means I often feel I have nothing left to give tho! I am permanently shattered lol. Also talking of birthdays I had a look at the calendar and apparently it's mine 2 weeks today?? How did that happen??

Loving the postcard collection so far Olive!

A rare quiet afternoon at my desk as my boss and colleague are off work and my inbox is being suspiciously silent - woo! Enjoying the peace while it lasts x
Old 06-20-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

Had my job interview this morning, I think it went okay. I arrived early (got to make a good impression) and so the guy got me a cup of water and let me sit in the interview room for a few minutes before he came in. I spent that time practising meditation techniques which I've recently learned. I was still quite nervous but that helped calm me a bit. The interview itself was okay, I stumbled over a couple of answers but nothing too bad I don't think. I'll find out early next week if I get the job or not.

Spent the rest of the day weeding and filleting fish for the BBQ this evening. About to do a workout then shower and have a BBQ then meeting some friends at the marina for some fishing. Hopefully the mackerel have arrived by now but if not there's always the chance of a nice pollock or even a sea trout. Now this is how I love to spend my Friday nights. Sitting in a pub or at home drinking seems like such a waste of time compared to this. Looking forward to it!
Old 06-20-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
The naked people bike parade starts at 3pm Saturday!
This sounds fab! But spectating is for sissies! I've done two nude sporting events with 300+ people. It's really a lot of fun...very...um...liberating!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
This sounds fab! But spectating is for sissies! I've done two nude sporting events with 300+ people. It's really a lot of fun...very...um...liberating!
Soberlicious wouldn't that be a bit uncomfortable running without any clothes? I mean like what about support??
Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Woke up, checked thread, took Mec's advice on being mindful of sleeping and went back to bed. I've been pushing along on six hours or less a night that it caught up with me. I'm in a considerably better frame of mind this morning. It is so important to recharge.

LTV congratulations on the parking pass. That's kind of like winning the lottery. The cachet of casually saying "oh! I have a parking pass." It's great that you don't start until August. You can take time for yourself and to truly savor the summer.

Non, that's so nice that your brother is coming to visit with you. Wind conditions not being favorable to kite surfing. That makes me smile. It's been so long since I've travelled that it is inspirational to not live in the self imposed box to which I've confined myself. I think I'm going to plan mini road trips with the kids. Just for the day. Not like my brother who is taking his family to Quebec on a car trip. Have fun with your brother.

Charlee the mention of donuts made me hungry. You will have to post a picture and review. I'm an old fashioned cake donut with chocolate glaze kind of girl.

Gilmer have fun at the ladies luncheon. Grits, there is nothing like having guests to get you out and exploring. It is a nice thing that you and your mother in law get along. It is still unnerving at times though to have another Mrs. Grits in the house though. I had that with both my former and current mother in law. Both of whom rearranged my cupboards to be helpful.

Everyone, especially newcomers, keep coming here and posting. I was thinking about this last night. This board works so much for support, especially this thread, because I got to know people better, a little at a time, and so I feel more a part of the community and more accountable. So, stay a while. Visit. And now I have to run. Kids are fighting. Again. Sigh.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
nmd

I've made bacon and cheese wrapped hot dogs, but those onion rings look amazing....
Old 06-20-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Oldselfagain
Soberlicious wouldn't that be a bit uncomfortable running without any clothes? I mean like what about support??
One would think so, but no actually wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was only 3 miles though...not like a marathon or anything. Some female participants did wear just a sports bra, which I think actually looks really funny all by itself. I did not notice any male participants with any support clothing.