Notices

The fineline of Xanex

Old 06-19-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question The fineline of Xanex

I have been prescribed Xanex for the past 4 years. I did not take daily, but did take it while drinking (dangerous). I am in early recovery and have abstained from the prescribed dose in fear of becoming too relaxed and letting my walls down. Wondering if Xanex was a trigger for anyone or safe to use as prescribed while in early recovery?
Old 06-19-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd highly suggest seeing the doctor who prescribed the Xanax. Stopping a prescribed med can have lots of unwanted results, especially if you are in recovery from another drug.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Benzos with alcohol can kill you, it can also send you into blackout dangerous rages. Please see a doctor and be very honest. Stay safe.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm prescribed Klonopin, and I used to take it every day along with alcohol (often with other meds too, some that weren't even prescribed to me). I'm surprised I'm alive, I was so careless with what I was taking.
So now I'm still on the klonopin and I have to be so careful not to take too much. I don't want to switch from one addiction to another.
As for your Xanax question, I would definitely ask your doctor about it. It's extremely dangerous to just stop taking a benzo cold turkey.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's definitely a good idea to talk over your concerns with the dr who prescribed the Xanax.