Notices

On to day 3...my nemesis

Old 06-19-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On to day 3...my nemesis

I made it through another day without a drink but the cravings were pretty bad. I also felt on edge and figured it would just be best to try and be quiet so I didn't snap on my kids or wife. That lead to my wife asking me a hundred times what was wrong. I kept saying "nothing is". Finally my 5 yr old daughter said "I know you're not telling the truth, just tell us". Ugh. Anyway, I'm on to day 3 and have failed so many times on this day. I tell myself that I went two whole days without a beer and I deserve some. Weeks or months then go by without me taking a night off. Thanks for all the support so far and this time I'm going to make it to day 4!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are doing great. Tell your wife what you are doing so she can take kids questions and give you some time to get yourself together. That first week is hard, but I know you can do it. Hang in there, we are all here for you.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goodrich View Post
I made it through another day without a drink but the cravings were pretty bad. I also felt on edge and figured it would just be best to try and be quiet so I didn't snap on my kids or wife. That lead to my wife asking me a hundred times what was wrong. I kept saying "nothing is". Finally my 5 yr old daughter said "I know you're not telling the truth, just tell us". Ugh. Anyway, I'm on to day 3 and have failed so many times on this day. I tell myself that I went two whole days without a beer and I deserve some. Weeks or months then go by without me taking a night off. Thanks for all the support so far and this time I'm going to make it to day 4!
Mate you will do it. Just remember, IT WILL PASS AND IT GETS EASIER.

It's better for the Mrs and kids that you're going to be around isn't it? Suffer it out mate - are you eating/getting plenty of fluids?
Old 06-19-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GlasgowLad View Post
Mate you will do it. Just remember, IT WILL PASS AND IT GETS EASIER.

It's better for the Mrs and kids that you're going to be around isn't it? Suffer it out mate - are you eating/getting plenty of fluids?
Yes I am getting plenty of food and water. The weird thing is that even though I drink a ton of beer I'm a health nut in every other way. Always watching what I eat and go to the gym 5 times a week. Very counter productive to say the least.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I also felt on edge and figured it would just be best to try and be quiet so I didn't snap on my kids or wife. That lead to my wife asking me a hundred times what was wrong.
I've got one of those, too. Never fails, does it?

Time to make day 3 your beeyatch. You got this.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes I am getting plenty of food and water. The weird thing is that even though I drink a ton of beer I'm a health nut in every other way. Always watching what I eat and go to the gym 5 times a week. Very counter productive to say the least.
Similar to myself, until my latest binge where I ate NOTHING for over a week. No wonder I ended up back in recovery on Monday

Keep up the good work and just think how many of your goals in the gym, and in other places, that you will hit if you cut out the other nonsense
Old 06-19-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can do this!! It's just another day!!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I understand. I'd get a couple of days sober and felt like it will be fine to have one only to have weeks of drinking. Before my last quit I was wondering if I'd be able to quit at all. That freaked me out. You've done two days. You can do this. Hang in there.