Notices

Question!

Old 06-18-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
My internet photos were 'lifted' and now Calvin Klein uses them in some of their ad campaigns.
Calvin Klein makes trusses? Who knew?
Old 06-18-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The different things that can be done with images are remarkable. With 1 image someone can make a full online personality complete with email, social media accounts, and a whole array of accounts... all with your face on them even if your name isn't used (not saying your name can't be used). The people who accept every facebook friend are especially open to identity theft etc.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just in keeping with ultradad's thoughts...
I too just watched the "Anonymous People" and was really moved by it. I especially liked the part where there was some sort of summit back in the 70's that Dick Van Dyke was part of. I remember my mother once noting that Dick Van Dyke was an alcoholic in a discussion we once had bout the man when he was got some lifetime achievement award a year or two ago.
My mom's not really up on whose an alcoholic in Hollywood...and I realized it was likely from that thing back in the 70's when he came forward that she knew bout that...
The program went on to note that the whole "just say no"/criminalization of addiction movement back in the 80's threw everybody back in the closet so to speak...

I think there is still some much "shame stigma" around addiction...and ya, somehow anonymity feeds into that. Not that I'm coming out "loud and proud"...
but perhaps I should ya know. That movie gave me real food for thought.

For me, addiction lies in the mental illness spectrum...and no one freaking chose it..yet the shame is still there. My sister told me how she feels "disgust" coming from her doctor whenever she deals with him...it's like he blames her for her choices...yet the arguement remains...did she ever really have one. Did any of us?
Did any of us know what lied in store when we took that first drink? Nooooo...

A friend of my mother recently died from alcohol induced liver disease and the woman's daughter (who does not appear to have a drinking problem herself and she too did not mask her disgust for her ma's drinking)...was incredibly hurt by the attitude of her ma's doc in dealing with her in the woman's final days....

Hmmm...thank you for this thread.
Real food for thought here.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrBen View Post
What were they using your photos for?

It was just some person with my pictures pretending to basically be me but with a different name. My guess is it was either some old creepy man that enjoyed talking to young guys or a girl that just didn't like the way she looked so she stole someone else's identity.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
If you get a chance check out the movie called: "The Anonymous People"
The Anonymous People
I saw that a couple weeks ago on Netflix. Really good!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
My internet photos were 'lifted' and now Calvin Klein uses them in some of their ad campaigns.
That for their pants & boxers Brain??
Old 06-18-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm a model folks

This is one that they stole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
brain model.jpg (10.0 KB, 24 views)