Notices

Passages Malibu

Old 06-17-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Passages Malibu

I love commercials like Passages Malibu where the guy says he's not an addict anymore...:p
Old 06-17-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know right!!! One visit and you are cured forever. I can hear the stupid commercial in my head. A cure for alcoholism and addiction - just like a button I can press whenever I want something.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know how they can get away with advertising that on TV! The bottom line is still the same. We still have to give up the alcohol and the drugs completely one day at a time. It isn't as though you can go Passages, get cured and then drink or use in moderation. That isn't what they're trying to sell are they??
Old 06-17-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They specifically state they are not a 12 step program. They never say if you can ever use responsibly again but they say they will cure you. I will never be cured and have to keep a program in place to stay sober. It would be nice if it were that easy just like it would be nice for me to pop a diet pill and get the perfect body they show in magazines. Its not reality.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yeah, & I think - wouldn't it be great to go there
Old 06-17-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

It's all about perception. One program may not be salvation for everyone.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR forums are not used to endorse any specific recovery method or treatment center.
We are not here to gripe about any either.

2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
Thanks

Dee
SR