Notices

The anxiety finally won.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

“Suddenly you’re ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you’re alive and it’s spectacular.” –Joseph Campbell
Old 06-22-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

AO...I've read bits and pieces from your thread and am not sure what else to add that other more eloquent people haven't already said.

As you know, I'm going through some anxiety issues myself now. The 'waking up in the night throwing up' kind of anxiety... Think maybe there should be different grades of this thing, from mild heart thumping which I experience most days at work, to the debilitating can't get out of bed kind. I guess mine is somewhere towards the more severe end. But I can and do get out of bed every day so I'm not at my worst. I'm not depressed either. I know what that feels like.

I didn't have a clue about the planets being out of sync. Interesting perspective.

I won't get into the meds debate. None of my business what you decide to do about that. I know why I'm anxious and I'm just beginning to believe that it will pass in time. It won't kill me. I'm not suicidal. I'm just not coping very well right now...I'm just scared and tearful and all wonky.

But I'm not going to drink. Because that would lead me back to the gates of hell. I need to find solutions for me that don't involve self-destruction. I get frustrated with myself that after being sober for 2 years, I'm still battling this.

But battle I will...because there is nothing gonna rob me of my sobriety. I fought too hard for it.

You will be ok. We are all standing shoulder to shoulder with you.

Jen x
Old 06-22-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

image.jpg

Much love always AlphaO xxx :-)
Old 06-22-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hey AO. Decided to no longer comment in this thread. Just wanna let you know I'm here in NY pulling for ya .

My nephew used to say something when he was 3 years old that I'm pretty sure he picked up from a cartoon.

You can dooooo-eeeeee !!!!

Hang in there. It's an awesome ride. It gets much easier to navigate once we realize we can, and completely commit to doing it without the alcohol and drugs. It absolutely can be done. Freedom is a wonderful thing. I believe it comes when we accept it all, as alluded to in Campbell's quote.