Notices

How is everyone post in the comments

Old 06-16-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How is everyone post in the comments

Hey folks,

I am kicking butt, I am riding the interim high of sobriety. It hasn't been all white picket fences, 2.4 kids, and rainbows, but I am finding me and what works for me!

I am posting because I want and need positive people, I want to hear from the one day sober guy/girl, I want to hear from the 1 monther, yearer, 10 yearer and so forth? I want to know from others experience where you were, have been and are, no matter day and place. I want a snapshot of today, we all need a snapshot of today to help us.

Feeling so good, so much is going right, but I need a reminder of what could be worse, what could be better, and so forth. Got a second chime in, I just want a multitude of the complete human experience? Good night, TDG loves life tonight.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi TDG - congrats on your progress

If you want a daily does of positivity why not join the 24 Hours Recovery Connection thread - it's a great way to make a daily commitment to recovery

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-4.html

you could also join the Class of May ( in the Daily Support Forum) or Class of June thread (Here in Newcomers) depending on your sober date.

and tomorrow - remember:

D
Old 06-16-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JJ9

I'm feeling pretty good too TDG! This is my day 1 and I had a slight craving but just finished a really good dinner and some strawberry milk and I am feeling relaxed and good! Definitely going to make it to day 2. So glad you are feeling so great!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are feeling well DeliveryGuy. I'm approaching about a year and a half sober and it feels good. I still come here every single day to remind myself why I am not drinking and to remember why I quit. I learn just as much from newcomers as those with decades of sobriety. Glad you are here to share your story too, we all need to contribute to make things work.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, Glad you are well!

A quiet Monday but I got a lot done today...went to work, the store, took a nice walk down by the beach, took care of my kitty (fed her and cleaned her box) read some of my Life Recovery Bible and then I made dinner for my parents and cleaned up!

I can assure you when I was drinking the only things on that list I would have achieved was a trip to the store (to get wine) and feeding my cat!

No cravings today I am happy to say. I have 2+ years now

And tomorrow I am going to book a much needed visit to a spa for a massage!

Last edited by sillysuzanfree; 06-16-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: no smiley
Old 06-16-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there!! I'm feeling pretty great - 8 months coming up on Friday. I've overcome some real internal challenges in the last 2 months. I've also lost over 15 lbs since January and gotten incredibly committed to being fit and eating well!!! I honestly had no idea how challenging this whole process was going to be. I was so very naive in expecting everything to instantly improve just by stopping drinking, however I'm so glad the process has asked so much of me. Onward and upward!
Old 06-17-2014, 01:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just arrived at work!!

When I get the chance, I check in on the overnight threads to set me up for the day, also usually with a strong coffee on the go!!

It's going to be a busy day ahead, but sometimes routine can be great, I used to think it was boring, but it actally keeps me healthy in so many ways, in the opposite way the routine of drinking used to have a detrimental effect on life.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hello!! I'm doing well. It's really late and I need to get to bed soon. Shouldn't have had that 8PM latte, lol. I work tomorrow then my homegroup. Work again on Wednesday then my mother-in-law arrives for a visit on Thursday. I've really gotta get my house cleaned up. I know I'll get it done.

Kinda funny story. I headed out to my meeting today and was concerned because I was running late. I hurried to my meeting and pulled in my usually space. Huh...must be a lot of newbies. I don't recognize these cars. Huh...wonder what those middle aged men are doing, working on that car. Huh...door's open but no one's outside smoking. Huh...oh. it's not Tuesday. I'm not late. I'm about 23.5 hours early.

I'll get a hang of this whole work schedule thing soon.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, today i,m on day 82. An ex girlfriend is getting married, i'm out of money and got rejected at an interview.
Nothing really matters. I no longer seek immediate satisfactions.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i got some fresh fish I caught for breakfast...so I'm pretty happy about that
Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi TDG,

Well I made my first post on this site earlier today.
I'm sober 90 days and feeling so much better as a result though (like you) there have been a few difficult moments.

Its great to read how positive you feel and just keep on doing whats obviously working for you....good luck
Old 06-17-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Today is Day 26 fpr me. I struggle a little with the emotions. It is difficult to start feeling again but so worth it at the same time. Like someone posted earlier I think most of us want things to happen immediately. This takes time and it is a never ending journey. It is still a million times better than drinking myself numb and not being a part of life.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi TDG! So glad you're feeling well.

Day 7 here for me. I've made it to 10ish days a couple of times earlier this year but each of those times, I never really made a commitment to stop drinking for an extended period of time, just thought I could "cut-back". I couldn't. I'm still nervous about the "forever" idea, so just taking it one day at a time.

So far, I've been feeling good. The first few days were very rough but getting better every day. I went to dinner a few times during this week and I honestly was worried cravings would be awful but they actually weren't. Funny...I actually LIKE being sober enough to enjoy a nice dinner out.

For me, in some ways it has helped that I live alone. I think it would be very difficult if someone in the house was drinking...I just think it would take that much more will power. The flip side to that is that I'm kinda doing this on my own, so having SR has been truly helpful!

Let's keep at it!