Notices

Day 6

Old 06-16-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Not too much to report today. The weekend went better than I expected. I thought I was going to have to hide under the covers to stop myself from grabbing a bottle of wine or drinks with friends, but I didn't really. I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be in terms of cleaning the entire house, doing all the laundry, etc. To be honest, I purposely was a little more "kind" to myself over the weekend. Got a facial as planned and watched a movie on Saturday. And Sunday worked at a cafe for most of the day and then got takeout.

Part of me feels like I should have used all the extra time to be Uber Productive...but that's what I've done the last couple of times I "abstained" for a few days. And it always leads me to be a little resentful. This time, I feel like I still had a beautiful, relaxing and fun weekend!

Monday's are usually terrible for me b/c most likely I would be coming off essentially a 3 day bender (usually leave work early on Friday and start drinking). So today felt amazing. Actually productive at work. And I'm going to go to the store at some point during the day to get a delicious sparkling water JUST to have on the way home b/c that is usually my most troubling time.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post that its fine if I post every day or as many times as I'd like. This really helps!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Six days is AWESOME, Lola! ANd thanks for posting!

Old 06-16-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Day 6 is great Lola, congratulations! Take it easy on yourself...you are recovering and need rest, both physically and mentally. Hope you have a good day and don't forget SR is here if you need us!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great Job on Day 6 Lola!!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lola23 View Post
Not too much to report today. The weekend went better than I expected. I thought I was going to have to hide under the covers to stop myself from grabbing a bottle of wine or drinks with friends, but I didn't really. I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be in terms of cleaning the entire house, doing all the laundry, etc. To be honest, I purposely was a little more "kind" to myself over the weekend. Got a facial as planned and watched a movie on Saturday. And Sunday worked at a cafe for most of the day and then got takeout.

Part of me feels like I should have used all the extra time to be Uber Productive...but that's what I've done the last couple of times I "abstained" for a few days. And it always leads me to be a little resentful. This time, I feel like I still had a beautiful, relaxing and fun weekend!

Monday's are usually terrible for me b/c most likely I would be coming off essentially a 3 day bender (usually leave work early on Friday and start drinking). So today felt amazing. Actually productive at work. And I'm going to go to the store at some point during the day to get a delicious sparkling water JUST to have on the way home b/c that is usually my most troubling time.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post that its fine if I post every day or as many times as I'd like. This really helps!
Early on I tried to do everything I had left undone for years all at the same time and not only was it exausting, but not a lot got done! Be kind to yourself, make short lists of things you'd like to do , or goals you want to accomplish and go get another bottle of sparkling water for each item you check off. In short time you will find your lists get shorter , but you will find nicer things to put on the next list! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby