Notices

Day 4

Old 06-16-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Hello everyone. Usually Monday's are the worst day of the week for me. I typically have the beginning of the week off (and even when I didn't, I found a way to work beer in), but today things are quite different. I don't know if this is a type of "honeymoon" phase in my sobriety or the B complex I'm taking, but usually around now I'm really wrestling (and giving in) with delusions of how great I'm going to feel if I drank. Surprisingly, right now I'm not. I should probably go knock on some wood for luck after saying that. Hope it lasts the rest of the day.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Day 4 for me, too. I'm not feeling that urge to drink and since I'm on Antabuse, I wouldn't consider it anyway! Keep on keeping on!
Old 06-16-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Badger and GMO, congratulations on making it to day 4. Badger, you might have reached that point where it all clicks. Go for it.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck to you guys too! Right after I posted that, I immediately began feeling on the edge of considering drinking (like I ad celebrated too soon), but I now think it's more of a feeling of wanting to do something, but relax at the same time. (Sound familiar? Like drinking?) But, I don't think it's drinking exactly but just confusion maybe of what I'm supposed to be doing right now. I've gotten into this pattern and now my mind thinks we should be doing one thing, but we're not. I'm going to try working out and mow the lawn later. I'm really concerned of overdoing it today. Afraid it might force a relapse.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by badger1172 View Post
Hello everyone. Usually Monday's are the worst day of the week for me. I typically have the beginning of the week off (and even when I didn't, I found a way to work beer in), but today things are quite different. I don't know if this is a type of "honeymoon" phase in my sobriety or the B complex I'm taking, but usually around now I'm really wrestling (and giving in) with delusions of how great I'm going to feel if I drank. Surprisingly, right now I'm not. I should probably go knock on some wood for luck after saying that. Hope it lasts the rest of the day.
There is the "pink cloud" that many feel after first getting sober - a feeling of euphoria and a sense of accomplishment from quitting drinking and feeling extra positive about the whole thing. Generally it's a temporary thing, so enjoy it while it lasts of course but know that most of us "come back to earth" at some point.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was afraid of that. The more deal with it today, the more confused I feel about how to go about the day. I don't feel like drinking, really, but more well, just confused and a little afraid.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by badger1172 View Post
I was afraid of that. The more deal with it today, the more confused I feel about how to go about the day. I don't feel like drinking, really, but more well, just confused and a little afraid.
Don't be afraid of it. The AV, or Beast, or whatever you wanna call it is a quadriplegic. It can't do a damned thing without your help. So, don't help it!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 4. I'm early in this too so know how you feel to some extent. I feel GOOD. Really....GOOD. And that's kinda scary. Let's stick with it though!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 4!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I certainly will. The iffy part is over I think for the day, but I think my body and mind are just reluctantly trying to get with the new program. lol I'm getting a lot done today...more than I thought and it's not like I'm really thinking about what I'm doing, but more of just going through the movements. Day's kind of flying by unlike before. I'm thinking tomorrow will be even more of a test because it's my last day off for the week which means I'll be around the house again (with the option of giving in), but hopefully it will be like today or better. I really feel for you others who are just going through this the same as me. I wish all of us luck as we break into this new territory!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done badger, and keep at it.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

YOI!!! Go Badger.... Congrats. The great thing is you're getting things done.. When you're drinking the smallest jobs go from mole hills to mountains. I always remind myself of that..
Old 06-16-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jezza View Post
YOI!!! Go Badger.... Congrats. The great thing is you're getting things done.. When you're drinking the smallest jobs go from mole hills to mountains. I always remind myself of that..
Boy, isn't THAT the truth! I think one of my most usual saying while drinking, or when I would talk myself into drinking, was "There's always tomorrow..." (for getting things done)