Notices

Hello everybody

Old 06-16-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Hello everybody

I registered not a long time ago. I'm 28, from Israel, and have been drinking since I was 16.
been drinking about a bottle of vodka a day (sometimes less) for the last couple of years.
I'm a musician, so drinking and smoking is the environment I love and know.. but I've decided to quit drinking.
today it's been 20 days since my last bottle. It's extremely difficult, and i'm really pessimistic, especially cause I'm moving soon to Ireland (of all places..) for a couple of years, to study music. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep myself from drinking. but the main reason I quit now is that it might be easier to stay on the wagon there, after 3 months sober.
I smoke weed every now and then. I feel like I need It. like I need something. I smoke a lot of cigarettes... I feel kinda down all the time but I'm not depressed.
hope that I will find a few people to talk with in here

thanks for reading,
Hatul.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Hatul,

I know what you mean when you say that drinking and smoking is part of the music culture, I am a musician as well and drinking has been a huge part of my involvement in the music scene since I started playing shows. I think that I convinced myself that music and liquor went hand in hand, like I couldn't enjoy playing a show or writing without being drunk. I'm slowly realizing again though the reason that I started with music, and that is because I LOVE music. You sound like you do too, being that you are going to study music soon. I just thought I'd share this with you to let you know that you're not alone in that. Good luck with your travels and your music!!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Hatul - and congrats on your 20 days. You are right that it is difficult...but it's worth it many times over in the long run. Have you ever seen a counselor or participated in group meetings to try and address your addictions? SR is certainly a great place to find out about a lot of them, hope you can stick around.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! You'll find loads of support here!!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on twenty days. Please don't be pessimistic about your move. Attitude and determination can go a long way in staying sober.
You know you can not drink. You have some solid time behind you. You're still young and have your whole life in front of you. Please don't spend it as a drunken fool like I did.
Best to you. I know you can do it!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Hatul! We have a number of musicians here - I think you'll find it very helpful to be part of our community.

Congratulations on your 20 sober days. We know how hard it is to get there. We are here for you - take us along on your move to Ireland, & keep posting. We're all in this together.