Notices

hello im new

Old 06-15-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR Alco - I think it's great that you're taking action to safeguard your future. I was already 'gone' at 25 - & refused to admit I had a problem.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah, im going to see the doctor and get his advise ill more then likly cut down wean myself away from it and stop for a couple of months and start back at the gym.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome to SR Alco - I think it's great that you're taking action to safeguard your future. I was already 'gone' at 25 - & refused to admit I had a problem.
Thanks what do you mean by 'gone' as in beyond help? I think i have a problem with it not a major problem but a problem i need to asses my sistuation and take control 1 step at a time do you think going to help and advice places ? Personally im a emotionally held back and get a bit defensive when talking to people in person about my problems in life.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was totally dependent on it. I was either drinking or thinking about the next time I could drink. I was defensive too - no one knew how bad my problem was - I always hid it. You're doing a good thing by reaching out for help now. You won't drink for 30 yrs. like I did.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I was totally dependent on it. I was either drinking or thinking about the next time I could drink. I was defensive too - no one knew how bad my problem was - I always hid it. You're doing a good thing by reaching out for help now. You won't drink for 30 yrs. like I did.
Wow well done 😊👍What made you turn yourself around if you dont mind me asking ?
Old 06-15-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I really had no choice alco (the way you do right now). I had painted myself into a corner - I had dui's, troubles at work and home, health issues - and I was drinking all day. I would have lost my life if I'd continued. I wanted to live.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Alco

If you're suggesting stopping cold turkey Bobby this is really bad advice.
Age is no guarantee of anything.

As someone who had a really bad detox and is left with a lot of health problems because of that, I really urge you to see a Dr, Alco, and be honest with them about your problem.

They may prescribe meds, depending on what they think you need, or they may not, but the important thing is you'll have had professional medical advice.

D
I didn't suggest that he do it by himself, he said he was going to the DR. and also stated he has been prescribed meds and didn't like to take them. I just tried to give him notice that he has a chance to stop early on in his life , which with what I know now , would have been my preference! Sorry , if I worded it wrong. Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby