Notices

Was so close to giving in last night

Old 06-15-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Was so close to giving in last night

Last night I had to pick my friend up at the train at around 11:00. I hadn't drank nor did I want to but I asked her about something and she didn't respond she just got out of the car. That bothered me because she can never confront anything or talk about certain subjects. Me being the impulsive person I am went and bought two 40oz of malt liquor. I went home and felt instant disgust with myself I dumped both of them out. There is no alcohol in the house I hate how impulsive I am I feel so weak. I've posted events like this on here before I come so close to giving in at times. I also hate how I almost drank because of somebody. This morning I woke up feeling guilty that I would even buy it and that I even consider drinking. I posted because every time I do I feel better.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah posting is a good thing, better than having that first drink!!

I guess, we all have to figure a way of dealing with life without alcohol, things are always going to happen, people, relationships, work, stress, life still goes on, but we need to not use alcohol to deal with the bad things that will inevitably happen.

Personally I go for long walks, ipod in and head out into the fresh air when life deals me a few tough cards, it helps clear my head, but everyone is different, you just need to find what works for you!!

The main thing is you didn't drink, you poured it out, and that took a lot of courage, so be very proud of yourself!!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations for not drinking. Some people don't like to confront things. I don't know what you asked her but now you know one of your triggers. That's an important thing to know. I had to learn my triggers too. That's what keeps you sober. I had to learn that I can't allow other people to make me want to drink. Someone said that you can't let people live rent free in your head.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I won't make a separate thread because yours sounds somewhat similar to mine… I almost gave in last night, too, and I suspect the only reason I didn't was because we were supposed to go to the grocery store this morning, and I didn't want to go while hungover (or still drunk, most likely). Isn't that crazy? And there was probably no reason whatsoever why I wanted to drink, except maybe I was a little tired. And of course all it took was getting a few hours sleep and the urge was completely gone. I hate how everything I'm working to achieve can be so close to being ruined because of a random stupid, tired impulse.

Anyway, glad we're here and sober today.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You both did very well!

Personally I just try to keep away from any situations or people that can trigger me. Once my sobriety legs are stronger I'll start socializing more.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

GB64 and Cl, congrats on your respective good choices!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses it's scary how all of my hard work can go down the drain so easily. I'm just so happy I didn't drink. I need to stop being so impulsive though.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats to you both!!! One day and one choice at a time and before we know it...success and true happiness!