Notices

I don't know how to live sober , scared

Old 06-13-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I still have anxiety. However I had anxiety before I drank. When I first quit drinking my anxiety was through the roof. Now I find it much more manageable than a few months ago.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Wild Child

Instant - Thank you. That is what I want the most - Peace and freedom!! I keep thinking how am I going to live sober , It has been 15 years ....It is like we are going back in time when we were young and were happy just living without these nasty substances!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Wild Child

Cusper , I never had real anxiety or Panic attacks before drinking, All my panic attacks have been when hungover as crap. My body needs a vacation !
Old 06-14-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

There is an app it's 99 cents. I am feelings so much better than the first week. I was moody, lethargic, teary, ect. Now I feel good just still craving a lot. I heard that gets better after the first 30 days. Please message me anytime. I can't believe how many things I have already done that I have never done sober and actually had fun. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't exp it myself!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Do you have alcohol in the house? If you do I strongly suggest you get rid of it
Old 06-14-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Miss99 View Post
Hello , Newbie here and totally scared... ====> glad I found this site. It is good to know I am not alone. I have to stop drinking as my body is tired of the abuse for the last 15 years of non -stop partying. Anxiety and Panic attacks (anxiety lasting a week) when hungover, feeling like crap.. not to mention I have gained lots of weight over the years. I do not know how to live sober. I stopped drinking yesterday and even right now want to go in my fridge and grab a beer. I have a good professional job, tons of friends and I do not drink 24/7 but some nights after work I do and weekends most def. and family situations I liked to be buzzed up to deal with them lol

I know that alcohol is the cause of my many issues and I want to live a healthy happy life, Alcohol has been my best friend for so long I feel terrified at the thought of saying goodbye forever.

Any advice /stories would be helpful - Thank you in advance!

Scared in Houston, Miss99
Hi,

thanks for sharing. May I ask what is it that you do ? What kind of work do you do ?
Old 06-14-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR!

Alcohol has been my best friend for so long I feel terrified at the thought of saying goodbye forever.
Strange how alcohol makes us believe irrational things, isn't it? Your best friend has been stealing your health, money, and respect for years, yet the thought of saying good-bye is terrifying - more terrifying than the negative consequences of continued drinking.

Been there, done that. It was all one big lie.

It takes a while to develop new habits and a sober life, but once you do you'll read your first post and laugh.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Wild Child

Hereandnow2 - That is great , glad you feel better! Today I feel OK, just feel like I had too much caffeine a little nervous. I am having toast and chamomile tea with vitamins. I am also about to take a long relaxing bubble bath

I will get the app !! :O) Thanks
Old 06-14-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Wild Child

MIRecovery, I do, however I may be wrong but I feel better knowing I have it here. I am not going to drink it , I made a promise to myself. I guess it just makes the nerves a little calmer knowing I have it ! Is that normal?
Old 06-14-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Wild Child

Pavaoiztarza, hello ! I am an HR professional in a huge Oil and Gas company. I help people for a living and I help my company grow. Love what I do !!!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I do not know how to live sober.
Sometimes, for me, that's the hardest part.
Today..that feels like the biggest reason I have failed to remain sober in previous attempts..
I simply don't know how to live.

Ultimately, I guess we need to learn how to live...one day at a time as the saying goes.

This is a wonderful place with lots of folks who know a thing or two bout how to do that. There are many success stories and there are many folks struggling.

You are among friends and compassionate ears.

Welcome.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Wild Child

Nonsensical - I cannot wait to look at this post and laugh. 15 years is a long time for any "relationship" ha ha , But It is time and I am ready! My new BFF is going to be myself and I am going to treat me well now. Thank you for your post
Old 06-14-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Wild Child

Nuudawn, Thank you! Yes this place is awesome and I feel soooo much better being part of it and sharing with you wonderful people. I agree, One day at a time

There is so much more life to explore and live !
Old 06-14-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SigChiScooby View Post
Welcome miss99! You have come to a good place and will find plenty of support and people you relate with here. Alcohol might seem like your best friend now, but that relationship will change. My advice is rather blunt...stop drinking now before alcohol becomes your worst enemy! Dont think of it as forever because that can seem rather impossible. Just take it one day at a time and give the sober life a chance. I guarantee you will enjoy it immensely, and it will be the best decision you have ever made! Good luck on your journey!
Exactly, alcohol may have started as my best friend, but became my worst, mortal enemy. It has tried to take everything from me and if I carry on, it will likely take my life too.

Miss99 - you're in the right place if you are looking to stop
Old 06-14-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Wild Child

Soberhoopsfan, Thank you! I am grateful I am here. I understand what you mean glad you are here as well. Blessings !
Old 06-15-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Pavaoiztarza, hello ! I am an HR professional in a huge Oil and Gas company. I help people for a living and I help my company grow. Love what I do !!!
Allright. Here is my answer.

There was a man, who planted the garden. He also planted the fig tree in it. In due season, he went to gather fruit from it, but couldn't find any.

He did that for several years.

In a third year, he told the gardener: "Cut it down. For years I kept coming back to it, but couldn't gather a single fruit from it."

But the gardener said: "Keep it for one more year. I will dig around and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year - good. If not, I shall cut it down."

May I ask you a question ?

If God of Israel is the one, who planted the garden, and I am the gardener, why is the tree of your life bearing evil fruit ?

Did anyone ask you to repent, leave your life and start being the disciple of Jesus ?

I ask you now.

Do that and you shall live.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hello , Newbie here and totally scared... ====> glad I found this site. It is good to know I am not alone. I have to stop drinking as my body is tired of the abuse for the last 15 years of non -stop partying. Anxiety and Panic attacks (anxiety lasting a week) when hungover, feeling like crap.. not to mention I have gained lots of weight over the years. I do not know how to live sober. I stopped drinking yesterday and even right now want to go in my fridge and grab a beer. I have a good professional job, tons of friends and I do not drink 24/7 but some nights after work I do and weekends most def. and family situations I liked to be buzzed up to deal with them lol

I know that alcohol is the cause of my many issues and I want to live a healthy happy life, Alcohol has been my best friend for so long I feel terrified at the thought of saying goodbye forever.

Any advice /stories would be helpful - Thank you in advance!

Scared in Houston, Miss99
Old 09-29-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Dakota351

Your situation is exactly how I feel. Do you think we can get out of this before it kills us. Please write back. Being able to reach out and touch someone that really understands is a great relief for me.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck miss ninety nine there is so much help guidance and support

a good place to be
Old 09-29-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Dakota351, you may try reaching out to another newbie, as if you notice the date on the post originally put there by Miss99 it was back in June. I am not trying to discourage you, but she may not be on the boards anymore.

The post date is in the upper left-hand corner of a post and it will tell you the date and time a poster started or commented on a thread.

Just F.Y.I. Look around on the Newscomers to Recovery thread. I am sure there are others just starting on Day One today.