Notices

Total and Utter First.....

Old 06-12-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Total and Utter First.....

Tonight I don't have to drive to any practices, no 8pm pickups, only light homework. My hubby has a class and I have no work tomorrow, "before" I would be beside myself with excitement to drink, drink and drink some more. The stars were aligned, this NEVER happens in my world. By 7 I would be drunk, by eight, **** faced and when my husband got home by nine, I wouldn't remember a thing. I would puke in the shower tomorrow and be sick and hungover most of the day. Get nothing done. Tonight we are having burgers and ice cream cones. I just cracked my grapefruit seltzer and am thankful that NONE of the above will transpire. I won't have to face my husbands disappointment tomorrow and I will wake up ready to be productive and WELL! This is a huge huge hurdle for me, I am happy to see my hubby after his class and remember what we talked about! My eyes won't be glazed over with tomato sauce on my shirt and two empty bottles of wine on the counter, I know awesomely cute imagery! Gross! Hahahaha! Tonight will be different and though it is on my mind, my mind is also made up! May you all have a good night and an even better morning
Old 06-12-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds fantastic, drinking only sounds great up until the shower in the morning and the prospect of a wasted day!!

Enjoy your evening!!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm grapefruit seltzer sounds yummy! ENJOY!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post! You will feel so happy tomorrow morning! Well done! I know that exact excitement about 'ooh I have the opportunity and it won't affect anyone' thought - I worked out that the way it affects me the next day is just not worth it. Drinking is soul destroying for me!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm grapefruit seltzer sounds yummy! ENJOY!!!
You know what else is really good - Blood Orange Italian Soda made by O Organics - really refreshing over ice.!!!!

Enjoy your evening EJ43 and everyone.!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey - what a great post! Really happy for you
Old 06-12-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love your post!

I'm in the same situation--DH took our boys out to a movie, so I'm home alone, celebrating the advent of summer vacation (teacher). Previously, I would've been all over an opportunity to be by myself, guzzling (gulping) beer for several hours, but the reality is exactly as you described: me, slurry by the time everyone got home, DH completely disappointed and disgusted, a small "family" of empty beer bottles assembled on the counter greeting me when I wake up, and an unavoidable raging hangover (complemented by bloat!).

New reality--quiet house, bubble bath, loads of water, a nice bowl of ice cream, and reading. I'll look fine and feel amazing in the morning. No shame or regret--perfect way to start my vacation.

Enjoy your relaxing evening, and definitely, enjoy a regret-free morning!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I absolutely love this post.

Your experience with alcohol, and its effects is, in many ways, much the same as what all of us experienced when we drank.

We are kidding ourselves when we talk about the "good times" that we are missing out on by not drinking. What I am missing out on is the shame, embarrassment, dry heaves, guilt, anxiety and wasted time that I almost always experienced when I drank. The ONLY thing about alcohol that I will concede is that it numbed my feelings - albeit temporarily.

You developed a physical and mental dependency on alcohol, just like the rest of us. But you have two things going for you that are helping you succeed. First, you RECOGNIZE that your life is better without alcohol. Second, you are demonstrating the STRENGTH to overcome the physical and emotional urge to drink. And the longer you stay sober, the weaker that urge will become.

Congratulations. I wish you a lifetime of sobriety.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

super cool. thank you.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fantastic EJ

D
Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is outstanding EJ, thanks for the post.