Notices

Day 2

Old 06-12-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hi All,
Some of you may recognize that I've posted a few times and then disappeared. I didn't disappear though. I was just lurking, reading and learning.

I'm on day 2 today. Yesterday was ok except for the drive home from work. I literally had to fight to not stop for a bottle of wine. Once I got home, I was ok. I cracked open my "replacement drink" which I learned about from a few other "sober blogs" and that really helped. Went to be later than I wanted, mostly b/c I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep. But once I did go to bed, it was generally a restful night. I did have AWFUL sweats though. But that still beats waking up with a hangover.

There are some great folks here, I've been learning a lot and hope to start posting more.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back to posting, Lola.

Congratulations on Day 2. Early days are difficult; lean on us.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great Job on Day 2!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 2! The night sweats lasted only for a few nights for me. Keep fighting .... you can do this!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back. I had the night sweats, too. They'll go away. Your body is eliminating toxins.
Just remember your last drunk and hangover next time you feel like drinking and realize you'll never have to go through it again. This has been working for me for three and a half years. Never want to go back. Forward. One day at a time.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Got home "safely" again today, so feeling good. I have my replacement drink of seltzer and lemon and will likely keep reading around on this site and some blogs for a bit.

Oh, I meant to ask too, I remember a few people mentioned a documentary following some alcoholics through recovery, but now I can't think of the name. I was going to look it up and maybe watch tonight. Anyone know the name??

Thanks
Old 06-12-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

Cravings diminish in tensity and frequency with time. I discovered having something suregry in the lead up time to when i usually drank helped.

On my way home i would always have mrntally checked what i had at home and if i needed supplies etc.

I temember a few occasions when i stopped when i got taste hallucinations of wine and whisky when driving home. Its strange- but if you dont drink it all fades in time.

Keep up the good work
Old 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The Anonymous People??

welcome back!
my replacement drink is seltzer with lime or lemon as well