Notices

Day 10-Terrible Anxiety

Old 06-11-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10-Terrible Anxiety

Hello All,
I have made it through Day 10, but today has been terrible with anxiety all day. That has always been my biggest trigger. I kept very busy today to try to circumvent the feelings, but now unwinding after dinner, it is tearing my stomach apart the anxiety is so strong. I have a lot going on, and seem to be obsessed with every little detail. Anyone else feel this way, and what do you do? I have been doing pretty good, but anxiety is my worst trigger. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great Job on Day 10!! . . . Keep pushing through!!

For me keeping busy was key, planning new activities, rather than sitting thinking about not drinking all day!!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You describe what I feel like when I'm having racing thoughts and I can't slow it down. When this happens I have to physically remove myself from environment that is causing stress; sometimes I go for a walk or a drive. At 10 days it is totally normal to be feeling anxious. Things are getting real now. This is where you can begin developing new copying strategies to further develop your sobriety. Have you tried Pinterest? I love it as a way to reframe my thinking as it is so random. Maybe you can make a list of things you need to do and break it down in to smaller chunks. Baby steps not big steps. Maybe a hot shower, a cup of tea, deep breathing, reading poetry....really glad that you are reaching out for support. That is so key. I think you are doing fantastic!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm there with ya. Day 20. My bipolar manic anger happy panic anxiety wanna scream is fighting in my head..Woo I love the internet. its keeping my hands busy
Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

note to self - don't hit back button or you lose your well thought out response. So instead of my well thought out response, how about this:

If you are in the USofA try AMC or Turner Classic movies. I'm sure something there will put you to sleep. Or try some soft classical music and read something as you sip a warm cup of sleepy time tea.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello,
I did just take a walk, very grateful for so much, #1 Sobriety! I worked on a couple things and now am heading for a well deserved hot shower.....very grateful for that too! I am pretty wound up but don't feel like taking a drink at all, just very anxious....it's better than it was earlier. Thank You all, fighting my worst trigger.