SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sending out a small shy wave (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/335000-sending-out-small-shy-wave.html)

Seabreezes 06-11-2014 03:19 PM

Sending out a small shy wave

Day one sick hungover all day. I drink light beer only at home isolated and alone during the day. My drinking days are sporadic but the pace has slowly been picking up. My husband travels my son is in school and doing his thing and my work schedule is feast or famine. I need to revisit the things I enjoy. The booze makes me feel less lonely I guess. I hope to connect with a few people here. Sometimes I read a post and think "wow I can relate!" I've had to have less contact with the crowd we ran with because it's all drinking, cards/drinking, go to beach/drinking, dinner/drinking. *sigh...

SoberLeigh 06-11-2014 03:22 PM

Welcome, Seabreezes.

Thepatman 06-11-2014 03:23 PM

Welcome to SR!

No need to feel shy. We are all in the same recovery boat and here to help each other ;-)

EJ43 06-11-2014 03:25 PM

Hi Seabreeze! Glad you are here! Everyone here "gets it", has "done it" and is doing everything to "beat it". You will find understanding and support! I am a mom too and my hubby travels as well, booze was my buddy too

Hevyn 06-11-2014 03:25 PM

Glad to meet you Seabreezes. I was a little shy when I joined 7 yrs. ago - but the people here quickly made me feel comfortable & part of the family. It was great to not be alone anymore. :)

Gilmer 06-11-2014 03:26 PM

Hi, Seabreezes! SR is a great place! Look around the board!

ImperfectlyMe 06-11-2014 03:26 PM

:c012: welcome sea

Nuudawn 06-11-2014 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Seabreezes (Post 4710721)
The booze makes me feel less lonely I guess.

Now ain't that the heart of it? We lean on this...thing...not person to ease the lonely. I know for me that it was much easier to plan a night with a bottle of wine than to exert any effort and/or risk any rejection by making a plan to do something.
Opening the wine was so ..convenient...less than $10 bucks..didn't require much effort...and I paid for it...it wasn't going to reject me or my request to go to a movie or just hang out.

Ya...didn't build up much of a life with my buddy wine.

Welcome. We are all learning how to live here...and for me, not bite someone's head off in the process.

Try18 06-11-2014 03:29 PM

Welcome seabreezes! :)

least 06-11-2014 03:31 PM

Welcome to the SR family. :) I'm glad you joined us. :hug:

Dee74 06-11-2014 03:39 PM

Welcome seabreezes :)

We're a great community here - lots of friendly folks...I'm sure you'll fit right in! :)

Check out our Class of June support group - all you need to do to join is post in the thread :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2014-a-20.html

D

dSober 06-11-2014 03:51 PM

Sometimes I read a post and think "wow I can relate!"

Yeah, happens a lot here!

PurpleKnight 06-11-2014 04:19 PM

Welcome to the Forum!! You'll find loads of supportive people here!! :wave:

james186 06-11-2014 04:22 PM

Hi Seabreezes. Welcome to the forum. People are really friendly on here and everyone knows what you're going through, I'm sure you'll find plenty of support :)

firstymer 06-12-2014 09:16 AM

Hi, Seabreezes. Day 2 today? I hope you are feeling better. Let us know how you are doing. We are all pulling for you. :grouphug:

Livingbetter 06-12-2014 09:24 AM

Welcome!

Hawkeye13 06-12-2014 09:43 AM

How's Day 2? My first few weeks were rough but it got much much better pretty quick.

Welcome to SR! :)

Jupiters 06-12-2014 10:13 AM

. I hope to connect with a few people here. Sometimes I read a post and think "wow I can relate!".

welcome Seabreezes!

you should probably get used to that feeling, b/c it's going to happen A LOT :D
you're in good company here.

misscostalot 06-12-2014 10:51 AM

Hi there, welcome!!
You will find all the support you need here! X

Seabreezes 06-12-2014 01:45 PM

Thank you to many for asking about Day 2, it was fine better

than I thought it would be although I am stuffing my pie hole with weird stuff I don't even really like such as chocolate covered graham crackers.

This morning the activity thing I planned didn't pan out so I did a bunch of projects, little things I was putting off (didn't want to face?), spent a lot of time here lurking and then at my bad time (1 pm-4 pm are my witching hours where the loneliness seems so difficult to bear) I went for a pedicure etc then came home and did some crafting and puttering in the garden. Petted the cats. Getting dumb chores done gives me peace.

Tomorrow my husband gets home, my son is going on his first real date and I have a plan for all day to remain busy.

In the past I would see these "free" days when I am not scheduled to work and no one is home as empty time that I would drink through, being resentful.

Physically I feel okay, worn completely out and very bloated. I did not go anywhere that I could buy beer on purpose. I have a phobia about that right now. So I can go to the home improvement store and the thrift stores. Not sure how grocery shopping will pan out but I have a few days to figure that out.

Also I am going on vacation for a few days and we eat at top notch places but luckily we are going with ppl who won't push the drinking thing. That is my absolute upcoming challenge.

Thank you so much for checking in on me, it means more than I can say -Sea