Notices

2 weeks!!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks!!!!!!!

Today makes 2 weeks that I have been absolutely sober! I am so excited and happy to share! A lot of it is thanks to this site and its members who have replied to me and also those who have shared stories that I have read. I am very thankful for this site and all of its members. I hope that my weeks turn into months and my months turn into years
Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Congratulations, Michelle! 2 weeks is great - you're already on your way to changing your life
Old 06-11-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on two weeks Michelle!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it just keeps getting better!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

that's wonderful! May i ask how you handles the first couple of days? This is what i'm nervous about
Old 06-11-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Brilliant progress!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!
I completed 2 sober weeks on Monday. It really does feel good knowing all that crap is out of my body.
Keep going, we can do this!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoloresHaze View Post
that's wonderful! May i ask how you handles the first couple of days? This is what i'm nervous about
For me it wasnt the first days because I didnt drink daily it was more the 7th 8th and 9th day because I havent gone a while week without a drink in forever. I got real anxious, had the shakes, felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin or tear my hair out, I reached out for encouragement to my husband my family and members on here and it really helped!
Its hard but you can do it! I believe in you
Old 06-11-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great Job on 2 Days Michelle!! . . . Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

communication is huge. I'm getting that now. Being able to tell my family/friends/BF..."hey, I'm having a BAD day and need some help" ...whether it's a conversation, text convo, words of encouragement..a walk...whatever. Just distract til the urge passes, b/c guess what...they do!

yay you
Old 06-11-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
communication is huge. I'm getting that now. Being able to tell my family/friends/BF..."hey, I'm having a BAD day and need some help" ...whether it's a conversation, text convo, words of encouragement..a walk...whatever. Just distract til the urge passes, b/c guess what...they do!

yay you
Yes yes it is because I have tried plenty of times to quit on my own and I just couldnt. My husband thought all I needed to do was slow down I tried to tell him I have no self control but he didnt understand until I almost gave myself alcohol poisoning and we had a huge fight that I dont even remember because ofcourse I was so drunk. Again I explained to him I cant just slow down I have to stop he finally understood and has been so suportive and my mom also they always call and check on me and I can call or txt them anytime to talk about it if im having a hard time and they encourage me and remind me of my priorities. That support and communication really does help
Old 06-11-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two weeks, Michelle; well done.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michelle26 View Post
Yes yes it is because I have tried plenty of times to quit on my own and I just couldnt. My husband thought all I needed to do was slow down I tried to tell him I have no self control but he didnt understand until I almost gave myself alcohol poisoning and we had a huge fight that I dont even remember because ofcourse I was so drunk. Again I explained to him I cant just slow down I have to stop he finally understood and has been so suportive and my mom also they always call and check on me and I can call or txt them anytime to talk about it if im having a hard time and they encourage me and remind me of my priorities. That support and communication really does help
awesome! we are blessed to have such support around us when we need it the most! I'm not one to usually "ask" for help, I'm pretty self-sufficient (LOL - yah at making a mess of everything!) so being humble enough to admit this is a struggle but one I am proud to try and do.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
awesome! we are blessed to have such support around us when we need it the most! I'm not one to usually "ask" for help, I'm pretty self-sufficient (LOL - yah at making a mess of everything!) so being humble enough to admit this is a struggle but one I am proud to try and do.
Lol yes I hate asking for help also I dont like making myself vulnerable
Im pretty good at making a mess of things that way too. But to now have the help I need and be able to talk about how I feel is a relief (:
Old 06-12-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats! Keep it up!