Notices

Beginner

Old 07-08-2004, 10:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Beginner

I met someone recently who I have been dating for about a month. He told me that until about 6 weeks ago, he was doing speed. He would do it only the weekends, recover during the next week or two. He says is not doing it now and I believe him. But, he told me tonight that his old connection called him. He admitted that if I wasn't around on the weekends, he might be tempted. I really care for him and need advice on how to deal with all of this.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Read up on the Nar Anon board. You may find answers there.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im Moon and I'm an addict. Do you love him? Are you ready to walk through a blazing battlefield with him? Are you ready for the worst ups and downs in your life? If I know what I know now about what I put my girlfriend through when I only used during the weekends, that became daily. I would've told her to find someone else. I put her through so much pain, yet I thought I was different. I thought I could only use during the weekends. If he's not in a 12-step program, you really need to check your willingness in the relationship.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Ditto to Moontime! However, not necessarily a 12 step proram, but any program of recovery. If he's an addict he's gonna need some help with this. Welcome to SR, and do pop over to the Nar-Anon forum.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

hbo just had a documentary on methamphetamines, it was very informative. real tough drug there. if you have access to hbo i would suggest seeing when they will replay it and watching it. it just might answer all you questions.

best and moontime gave some good advice, as did chy. he will definitely need help.

definitely check out the naranon forum and even go to a real naranon meeting, that's where you'll see people in the position you're putting yourself in deal with it.

good luck, may god go with you
Old 07-09-2004, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sam082602

Smile Hmmm....

Okay, unless you plan to have a long term relationship, then drop the relationship as far as sex, etc goes, and keep the friendship with absolutely no strings attached and that means sex, etc!!

I tell the girls that I have the honor of sponsoring to RUN unless it is a long term relationship & even then I tell them that they might still consider the possibility of RUNNING someday in the future.

Otherwise follow the advice from the others!!

Oh I am biased because I just spent from 02/01/03 until 02/25/04 dealing with Russell, my fiancee/common-law husband in active addiction; and it was pure HELL!! Plus, he gets off of probation in Sept and he'll have six months of clean & sober which is when he usually goes back with a little weed, then a little alcohol, then alot of weed, a little hard drugs, almost no weed & alcohol, and too much hard drugs. So now I am praying my ass off for him to stay clean & sober because I stayed clean & sober last time (actually the second time of this ****) , but I did not survive the first time!! I don't get f***** up like he does, I am worse.

Anyways, PRAY YOUR ASS OFF in any case and follow the others advice!! Peace be with you!! Love ya!! Smile!! :smile: