Notices

What Happened to the Fun?

Old 06-12-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Badger4! Good job signing up for the weekend. It is amazing how much the accountability here on SR has helped me, and I am sure many others, stay on track. From one Sconnie to another, (and don't forget Scott, too!) you can do it. Have a great weekend!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

As a continuation of my post; I made it two weeks and then drank this weekend, this is becoming a pattern for the last 2 months.

I am disappointed in my choice and I am in the process of figuring out why. A few of my thoughts:

-It was a very stressful week and I still don't handle stress well.
-I was out of town for the weekend so I did not have some of my usual crutches, SR, my fitness center.
-Being out of town causes stress for me in of itself.
-Too much traffic, I wonder if the a meditation while driving options?
-Instead of committing not to drink for the day, At the start of the weekend I said I am not drinking for the weekend, which felt overwhelming in the end.

Anyway I am not drinking today, that I can handle.

No responses really needed, I just like to type out my thoughts.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger4 View Post
I still don't handle stress well.
For me...that's it right there. Not only do I not handle stress well...often I don't even recognize I am stressed. When it comes to tools and coping mechanisms, I don't have quite enough yet in my sobriety arsenal. That will take time and effort.

For me my drinking is very much an anxiety problem. It is not the only thing but I do believe it is the most pervasive. In sobriety, I actually become much more keenly aware I even suffer with it! Whilst drinking, I am either drinking to ease the stress or the thought of getting to it..eventually keeps me out of consciousness somehow. (e.g. if I'm stressed I'm thinking...geez I need a drink! And just the thought of knowing I will get to it ..keeps me from dealing with it effectively).

This thread is still admirable Badger. You are continuing to plod away at this.
Bright blessings my friend.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Badger!! . . . coming back, posting and getting straight back into Sobreity is fantastic!!