Notices

Day 16

Old 06-10-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 16

Most of the posts on this forum are about how people are struggling (including myself) and seeking support and advice. These type of posts keep me grounded and humble because I know I am only one drink away from becoming a raging active alcoholic again.

Then there are posts that are a little more positive, a little more "happy". those kind of posts give me hope and inspiration. Reading them makes me want to live a content and serene sober life.

I guess my point is that every single post on here, whether from someone on their first day of this journey or someone with years of sobriety, has a message for me ... if I am willing to receive it.

Nuff of that ... it's a beautiful day. I had an awesome productive weekend, with quite a bit of relaxing as well. I feel really good ... better than I think I should actually, so I need to watch myself and not become complacent . I have been going to meetings every night and that has helped me immensely, as has spending a lot of time on this site ... reading ... and learning. I hope everyone has a wonderful, sober day! Onward ...
Old 06-10-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on Day 6 hokey. I would agree with your point as well - the newcomers forum is a place anyone can learn something valuable, whether you have 1 day or 50 years of sobriety. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-10-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 16 is a very big deal, hokey. To make it this far shows that you are capable of remaining sober for as long as you want. Keep reading. Keep posting. Keep doing what you are doing. You are clearly on the path to success.

Nice work.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on 16 days hokey!!!

L x
Old 06-10-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 16 days! I agree there is much to be learned from reading the posts.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Hokey, day 16 is FANTASTIC, congratulations. SR is my security blanket, rootin for ya.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 16 days! That's great.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wonderful and awesome 16 days for you! Your comment about complacency is so true. I'm at day 8 and feel like I got this thing licked! I too know that one drink won't get me buzzed and will lead me to God knows how many more and maybe even death. Its a stark reality but Id rather be realistic than lie to myself. Congrats and I look forward to my own 16 day revelations.