Notices

An upbeat post with less thought on alcohol

Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An upbeat post with less thought on alcohol

Hi all i know this is a alcohol and drug forum
But i just wanted to.post something that doesn't involve how much i wants drink or how I'm thinking of ways to drink....

Today is a beautiful day i woke up feeling refreshed and happy
I have my sporty side back
I have lost weight put more muscle on and feel fantastic
I'm currently put myself down for a spinathon spinning for 24 hours to raise money for charity and to celebrate the tour de France so i went for a two hour bike ride
I'm doing kettlebells and running as often as i can my body is aching from it all but its a healthy ache instead of a alcohol ache
I often think i don't deserve to feel good like this and often think of ways to destroy it and drink....
I just wanted to post this as i feel its vital we try and get ourselves back before the substance of our choice took us, its also great to focus on something else other than how much we want a drink or how often we have failed...
Doing other things is working for me
Thanks for reading folks
Charlotte x
Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a happy day!! Thanks for putting a smile on my face.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Countrysidegirl ... what a great post! We need to read about the upside of sobriety as well as the bad, it gives us hope and inspiration.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your welcome sweety
I ain't trying to rub it in sometimes its just important to try and do other things and not think Christ i could bloody murder a drink my boss was an ass at work or my partner never puts the toilet seat down i will have a drink lol..

I'm very aware I'm in a battle i could lose and get intoxicated anytime but i would rather push those thoughts to the dark recesses of my mind
X
Old 06-10-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrysidegirl View Post
Hi all i know this is a alcohol and drug forum
But i just wanted to.post something that doesn't involve how much i wants drink or how I'm thinking of ways to drink....

Today is a beautiful day i woke up feeling refreshed and happy
I have my sporty side back
I have lost weight put more muscle on and feel fantastic
I'm currently put myself down for a spinathon spinning for 24 hours to raise money for charity and to celebrate the tour de France so i went for a two hour bike ride
I'm doing kettlebells and running as often as i can my body is aching from it all but its a healthy ache instead of a alcohol ache
I often think i don't deserve to feel good like this and often think of ways to destroy it and drink....
I just wanted to post this as i feel its vital we try and get ourselves back before the substance of our choice took us, its also great to focus on something else other than how much we want a drink or how often we have failed...
Doing other things is working for me
Thanks for reading folks
Charlotte x
Thanks Charlotte, that was a really nice post to read! Positivity for me is key! I think its going to be a huge factor in me getting better.

Although - spinning for 24 hours!? My spinning class lasts 45 mins and I'm a casualty after that - go you!!!

One day at a time.

L x
Old 06-10-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Leigh i ain't spinning for a full 24 hours we have breaks but we have to spin for as long as possible in a 24 hour period to raise money
Its giving me something to focus on i would never do this drunk all i would do then is focus on when and where my next drink was going to come from.....
Old 06-10-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrysidegirl View Post
Hi Leigh i ain't spinning for a full 24 hours we have breaks but we have to spin for as long as possible in a 24 hour period to raise money Its giving me something to focus on i would never do this drunk all i would do then is focus on when and where my next drink was going to come from.....
Ha god I'm an eejit spinning for 24 hours....brain still not quite at it's best yet 😂

Well still brilliant anyway.

L x
Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's friggin awesome!! I just ordered a spinning bike so will be getting fit myself This post of yours has inspired me thank you and well done to you
Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This post made me think of something else I read today:

"Positive thoughts brings positive things into your life. You have no idea how much your life will change once you remove all negative thoughts. Of course this is not possible 100%, but next what you can try and do is become aware of what you are thinking/doing in any given moment.

The moment you realize you are thinking negatively or doing something destructive, replace the thought with a positive one. Another thing you can do is to source the origin of that negative thought, usually some negative perception or belief, and then work on changing that.

- Alex"

This is something I need to practice, but I sure loved your post with the positive feeling!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Countrysidegirl, FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

you go girlfriend!
*circle snap*

I love my kettlebell. I'm still a bit in laziness mode, have been walking to and from work most days. My new gym opened yesterday so I hope to get my arse there sooner than later
Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

countrysidegirl,
Thank you for your rousing post!
You made me feel better!
I feel the energy!
3 weeks today!!!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi countrysidegirl,

I'm currently looking for races to train for. I love to run. And I've wanted greyhounds for many years; I'm trying to envision possible life conditions where I could have one or two greyhounds. May or may not happen, just ideas I'm playing with.

But the running, yeah!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Lovely post, Charlotte!

Your warmth and generosity simply shine through your posts - make no mistake, you deserve every single second of the happiness you feel