Notices

I hate being an alcoholic

Old 06-10-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's a vicious cycle, and the "why" is impossible to figure out, so don't try it will make you crazy. I start preparing dinner around 3:00 pm (retired, don't work) since this is my bad time of day. Many have told you to make a plan for 5:00, please do and I hope to hear of your sober progress!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
As I'm driving to work, in wondering how I'm even up and functional. My body hurts in different places and don't even know why. My hubby wasn't home last night but I still managed to drink 8 beers. So now I'm realizing I only have myself to blame. Why did I need beer? I don't get it. I struggle every morning to get out of bed and I don't take the time to get ready for work so my appearance suffers. I want so badly to not drink today. But usually by 5 I feel better and repeat cycle.
This is soo familiar. Every morning I would struggle out of bed, somehow get showered, visine in the eyes, cold water to try to bring down the puffiness of my eyes. While no time for makeup, I would have to quickly put some coverup on my cheeks that were getting really red the last few months. No blow drying hair, fishing something out of the closet that would somehow fit and not make me cry (I have gained a lot of weight from all the calories from booze). I looked like hell. I would then drive to work (probably still drunk), and hope to hell I didn't get pulled over. All day I would avoid people, my anxiety and stress over drinking, fear of smelling like booze etc. Only to go home and repeat!

I no longer work but it didn't cut down on my drinking (I used to justify my life was hard with the 9-5 and having a small child etc). I am now on day two.

We don't have to do this.

Break the cycle and just don't drink, no matter how much you want to at 5pm. Once broken it will get easier.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Avra View Post
This is soo familiar. Every morning I would struggle out of bed, somehow get showered, visine in the eyes, cold water to try to bring down the puffiness of my eyes. While no time for makeup, I would have to quickly put some coverup on my cheeks that were getting really red the last few months. No blow drying hair, fishing something out of the closet that would somehow fit and not make me cry (I have gained a lot of weight from all the calories from booze). I looked like hell. I would then drive to work (probably still drunk), and hope to hell I didn't get pulled over. All day I would avoid people, my anxiety and stress over drinking, fear of smelling like booze etc. Only to go home and repeat! I no longer work but it didn't cut down on my drinking (I used to justify my life was hard with the 9-5 and having a small child etc). I am now on day two. We don't have to do this. Break the cycle and just don't drink, no matter how much you want to at 5pm. Once broken it will get easier.
I know how that feels! Thanks for your post. Today is a new day. We can do this. We can do this.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes you can!!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have been where you are. I wanted to quit every morning and I drank every night. One day I had enough. I declared I will not drink today. I got some fun drinks, green tea, flavored waters, etc. Things I know I like to drink, and that is what I drank. Gator aid is great too. It helped replace the water my body needed. My Dr. suggested I take b complex as drinking depletes these. Anyway, it was not easy, but every day got better. I come here every day, and in the early days I hung out in the chat room here a lot. We are all here for you, and I know you can do this. Walk this journey with us, one day at a time. I am keeping you in my prayers.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Jillian. Your post resonated with me and I wanted to wish you well. We are in similar life situations parenting etc. I'm in a nice quiet day two. Seabreezes