Notices

Thankful for my sobriety, but filled with grief

Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankful for my sobriety, but filled with grief

I'm thankful that I am sober at this moment, I am thankful that I can speak with the SR community, I am thankful I am trying to dry out,

Tonight I moved by 2 people that don't frequent the forums or chat room anymore. 2 people that played a huge part in my attempt at sobriety. Sadly, I believe one of those people has passed of Cancer and the other has fallen off.

I know to some extent this is largely supposition and I pray that both are sober and doing. However, given that fact, I truly believe this is what happened.

I want to remind others ( you) and myself that people die of this habit daily. Folks this isn't a video game nobody is going to re spawn, we are all still living and need to fight for ourselves.

We aren't going to be perfect, but we need to honor the lives of those that have fallen to this habit. We have an onus to try and to be the best darn people we can be, because our fallen brethren deserves that respect.

Tonight, I am an a melancholy mood, I am sad for the fall ones, but optimistic for those that have chance. Lets not let it all be in vain, I want to be sober, need to be sober, and will make it day 9 soon.

Thanks, TDG
Old 06-09-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's sad when people drop off SR. Some you never hear of again.

But that's life really...we each have paths which may suddenly branch out and take us somewhere, anywhere...

There's not many folks left here from when I joined...but the community is as strong and helpful as it was then. And that's the main thing.

The SR spirit endures, even tho the faces may change

D
Old 06-09-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi TDG, it is a very sad disease and all we can do is be compassionate. Don't forget your words may help someone even if you are newly sober, so stay on SR and contribute your hard-won wisdom.
There are also plenty of people on this forum who have been sober for long periods, so try to focus on the positive as well.
Congratulations on day 9, and I look forward to hearing from you as the days mount up.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep going, Thatdeliveryguy. Honor them by finishing what you started and staying sober. You've made a lot of progress.