Notices

I deserve a drink!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

During all my drinking i thought vodka has a taste of puke, and after 20 or 30 days into sobriety i was making a visual advertise for a vodka brand. That night i wanted to buy some and even that i didn't, i had a dream about drinking it.

Should i say that the next day i was the happiest in my entire sobriety? And never craved that damned thing again.
So don't cave, hold yourself above the floating line, it will pass quicker than you think!
Stay strong!
Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

holding on for dear life here! I WONT drink! il stuff my face with cake and pizza and watch movies and drink tea, I don't care about being fat right now il deal with that later!

Sorry guys, MAD MOMENT back there, its passing tho, slowly but surely passing! Thank you all!
Old 06-09-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Remember, you don't want it, your enemy/the av/the beast is the one who wants it. Those feelings/urges are the beast struggling. Let it suffer. Mock it.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Guess what?! Your recovery is getting real now....and that is awesome! I believe you are in that transition between "not drinking" and "sobriety". Sobriety is more than just not drinking. It is learning how to do and deal with life on life's terms. When this "stuff" happened to me what I needed to realize is that there was something else going on that was much bigger than just wanting to drink. Wanting to drink was the top layer. What else is going on in your life? Are you experiencing some type of change? Alcoholics really despise change. We aren't very good at it and we run from it. Are you running from some type of change that is going on in your life? Maybe it isn't change. Maybe it is something else. But it is something. I hope you can take some time to reflect and figure it out
Old 06-09-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Guess what?! Your recovery is getting real now....and that is awesome! I believe you are in that transition between "not drinking" and "sobriety". Sobriety is more than just not drinking. It is learning how to do and deal with life on life's terms. When this "stuff" happened to me what I needed to realize is that there was something else going on that was much bigger than just wanting to drink. Wanting to drink was the top layer. What else is going on in your life? Are you experiencing some type of change? Alcoholics really despise change. We aren't very good at it and we run from it. Are you running from some type of change that is going on in your life? Maybe it isn't change. Maybe it is something else. But it is something. I hope you can take some time to reflect and figure it out

I certainly feel something different in me, the whole world seems different! I WILL stay sober tonight and so tomorrow will be day 20
Old 06-09-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good for you, day 20 and beyond!
It's really hard work, we must remember this, but the benefits will pay off, even if there are rocky times and there will be. You will get yourself back. Be proud of yourself.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So good to hear the storm seems to be passing.
I suddenly want pizza.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Pizza was much more of a temptation when I was drinking. Since pizza and wine just have to go together, and since I can't have the wine now, pizza has lost some of it' s charm! Now burgers and Chinese food don't associate themselves so much with my wine consumption, so I have been having them WAY too often.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I think everything has been said...

Maybe buy a taser gun and zap yourself out of the craving? LOL!

Kidding aside, you can do this and will not regret it tomorrow when you wake up fresh and proud of yourself. ;-)

I
Old 06-09-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scintillady View Post
Pizza was much more of a temptation when I was drinking. Since pizza and wine just have to go together, and since I can't have the wine now, pizza has lost some of it' s charm! Now burgers and Chinese food don't associate themselves so much with my wine consumption, so I have been having them WAY too often.
I never had a pizza and wine thing. Wine and Ceasar salad thing tho. I did have to stop myself last week from buying 50 calorie Chicken cup-o-soup as I often paired that with wine and called it dinner.

I was a bit of a drunkorexic. Saved my calories for wine.
So now I can actually have pizza!

Ooops sorry to divert thread.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

just keep it going, do not look back
Old 06-09-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey Chilie-D, came to check up on you and see how you've been; glad to gear you had a change of heart and hope you were able to ride out the evening! See now you've got everyone talking pizza mmm! Save me a slice of Hawaiian

Do you reckon it could partly have been because you are on the brink of a whole new 'chapter,' hitting Day 20 making this seem more real? Just wondering, as I'm Day 10 tomorrow (first time in sober double digits), and tonight has been my worst craving/loudest AV so far. Same feel g, 'I'm tired and I deserve a drink to relax!' Genuinely don't know how I stayed sober tonight; its all I could think about all evening. I actually thought I was going to drink too, but unexpectedly had to go somewhere in the car for something at 8.30, then took ages to find a parking space so didn't get home til 9.30, then made myself jump straight in the shower, then had to catch up on messages from family etc and before I knew it it was 10.30 and pointless drinking as not enough time to get drunk before bed!! How mad does that sound? I used to
like a good 3hr drinking window lol. But I was just really pleased that I kept myself distracted and postponing that 1st glass until it was too late and settled for salt and vinegar chipsticks (retro!) and yogurt instead.

It's the last night our family visitor is here so think that also contributed to my feeling of wanting a drink tonight, y'know like the-last-day-of-holiday type thing! To prolong the fun! Actually might explain why I have always been a Sunday night drinker too!

Sorry for waffling on just wanted to see how you got on. Thinking of this place, the things I've read and people I've 'met' has been really inspiring to me. Plus I just do t want to have to start back at Day 1 again! Hope you hung in there; it's natural to miss it sometimes as it was a big part of your life x
Old 06-09-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cowgirlie View Post
Don't do it Chillie!! Quick, run! Hide! Shake off that AV!
C'mon I'm 10 days behind you and can't very well follow your lead if you fall off the wagon now can I!? So there. 'Nuff said. Just say no lol
hey I'm completing day 16.Always said I wasn't alcoholic but after a year and half of heavy drinking and horrific black outs I've surrendered to the truth that I'm an alcoholic. I've got myself into AA and have a wonderful support group around me.So let's under thirty day allies get to pulling for and encouraging each other. This has been tough but by Gods grace I aim to pick up my first thirty day chip. With His help and each other we can do it. This is not a battle intended for us to win on our on.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Remember, Chill- that voice isn't your voice, it's your 'beast' whispering to you. Screaming at you. But remember, humans dominate beasts. It has not power to make you do anything. It can only try to convince you.