Notices

Collective thoughts/prayers

Old 06-10-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That sounds like good news to me if you're able to go on weekends and still work and have your life during the week. And 4 or 5 weekends for 2 DUIs is a lot better than what you'd get down here in the good ol' Bible Belt.

Jail's a great chance to read some books; that's what I'd recommend. It'll be over before you know it.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'll definitely be bringing books with me. I've already started a list from the thread on here of ones I want to grab. I'm an avid reader, so I will use this to my advantage. I have NO idea what to expect. I've heard mixed stories. I check in later Friday and leave Sunday afternoon around 3 or 4pm from what my lawyer explained. So, it's really just the getting through the Saturday. I know I won't sleep well....I could have chosen to get out Mondays at 5am (which would mean less weekends)....but the jail is about 40min away and I work at 8am Mondays (and very very busy Mondays)..getting a ride at that time and being able to just walk into work didn't seem doable. So, I'll do the Sunday which gives me a decompression night before working.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i dont understand how this weekend jail thing works ? but i do hope they keep you well away from hard core men in the prison,
i am not trying to scare you here but from my own experience in prison i can tell you there are some pretty hard core people inside

i share about my own prison experience and how i had to watch my back all the time as people would attack you for my tobacco or anything i had that they wanted
the dont ask politely nor follow any rules they just take and if your not big enough to face them head on then its a nightmare

so my advice would be to not expect the guys inside to behave like people do outside of prison
keep anything you value hidden out of sight from anyone.
hopefully they have a separate side to the prison were you will be kept away from the hard core types of prisoner

i could go on and on about things i experienced in prison but in all honesty i dont know if it would be the right thing to do or not ?

so just keep on ploding on its only for weekends so thats a positive and like i said i dont know how the weekend prison thing works but at the end of the day you dont have any choice my friend but to get it over with

good luck to you and if you wish any more info then please message me privately sorry i can not say it will be easy or a breeze as my own experience was hell in there
it still didnt stop me from drinking as i got drunk on my release from prison and ended up going back again
like so many do hence i have run prison meetings of aa inside

is the prison just a lock up prison or do they let you out of the cell ? are there any aa meetings run in the prison for you to attend while in there ?
Old 06-10-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's a women's prison
and I'm not entirely sure of all the details of what to expect. I know I'm scared shitle$$ though.
Which is probably why I haven't broke down yet. It's like my mind hasn't accepted this is actually happening in 2 weeks.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

For a couple DUIs, I would assume you'll be put in the standard low-level jail with other people who have been determined to not be a threat. They're not going to mix you up with like murderers and whatnot. I think it'll go a lot more smoothly than you might expect, especially if you have some good books to keep your mind off things.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I can't imagine! I would be scared too. You are thinking about it in such a positive light. You are a string person and this is just part of your journey. The hardest parts are the I ones we grow from most right?!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
It's a women's prison
and I'm not entirely sure of all the details of what to expect. I know I'm scared shitle$$ though.
Which is probably why I haven't broke down yet. It's like my mind hasn't accepted this is actually happening in 2 weeks.
oh right i have no idea what a womens prison is like as i am male lol

in the uk they dont do weekend prisons although there are some that are starting it up i think

i think in some prisons they have new intake sections or remind type of prisoners

i know your scared i was to when they sent me down lucky for me i found some people in prison that were ok and i soon could see who to stay away from
the murders and lifers etc have there own wings in prison and never mix with short stay prisoners unless there heading for the out door
i was put in a cell with a fella on remand for strangling his wife !!!!

i had fears that i would wake up with this fellas hands around my throat lol

actually he was ok he got drunk one night and ended up killing his wife !!!

i learned a lesson even inside a prison cell lol

just have faith its all going to be ok as i do feel that you will be protected from the hard core types but with not knowing how the system is over in the usa i can only say what it was like for me in uk prisons

keep your chin up and just got to do it i am afraid the fear will pass once you have been in there for the first night and start to see what its like

big hugs to you and focus on its only a short time type of thing try and just look forward to when the weekend is over and your back out again

it will pass remember that
Old 06-10-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cl9000 View Post
For a couple DUIs, I would assume you'll be put in the standard low-level jail with other people who have been determined to not be a threat. They're not going to mix you up with like murderers and whatnot. I think it'll go a lot more smoothly than you might expect, especially if you have some good books to keep your mind off things.
Yah, I think it's a minimum security prison...I'm going to try and look up some stuff...maybe call my lawyer and ask a few questions that I didn't yesterday b/c I was just in shock. It's weekends. I can do this. This is my lesson to learn, I have no doubts about that regardless how frikken scared I am, I KNOW something better and bigger is going to come of this.

desypete - I'm in Ontario, Canada
Old 06-10-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hey Jupiters...thanks for sharing your experience with all this and please keep updating With honesty, your experience is essentially mine without getting caught - so don't go thinking you are all *special* or something

The real experience of prison is foreign to me but having to work through something unknown and shocking is not.

Roll with the punches as they come and fight only what is really necessary. This approach has served me well. The spare energy can be used to read and learn when you can and then feel the best you can during the work week

The fact that you have treatment and counseling set up is so great. You are going to be much better than OK...you have set yourself up to get everything good from this experience and thrive! Your openness and honesty about your experience is really inspiring.

I would bet that you are going to meet some really great people

Thanks Jupiters. Still sending great thoughts! Roll with it and stay strong.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

well, thanks! The way I look at it, is my *dishonesty* with myself for years is what got me in this horrible situation. I promised myself that I would be as brutally honest with myself and others moving forward. NO more lies. NO MORE DENIAL OF WHAT IS THE TRUTH
I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that this is ACTUALLY happening. The first one was 5 years ago. And by NO means am I trying to weasel my way out of it...it happened 2 weeks to the day I moved back from living in Zurich. I had 3 glasses of wine and was actually taking the car home!!!! laws are much more lenient in Europe with booze. After that happened, I swore I would never EVER do that again...hah! apparently my "malady" had other plans for me.

fast forward to now...well...here I am. Number 2. Idiot.
If I can help one person, ANY ONE PERSON, by sharing this story then it will have been worth it. This has forever changed my life. If I thought the first one did, it didn't do it's job....but now with jail time. Yah - I will not ever be the same person I was prior to this.
All I can do, is make sure that new person....is better and improved. That is the only choice left for me. And, it snapped me out of my denial about my denial.

I will always share honestly. It's one thing I have left
thanks again for listening.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
pray for strength

You rock Jupiters!

We are having similar realizations at similar times

Brutal and true honesty is the only way to go through this fight and come out a winner. Just recently realizing what this means.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You rock too!

I may have let booze take (or almost) take everything I care about from me...Not anymore. Not my integrity.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
You rock too!

I may have let booze take (or almost) take everything I care about from me...Not anymore. Not my integrity.
Yes, that's what the booze does. Takes from you everything you have, everything you love and finally takes even your integrity, your self. And often it ends up killing you. A nurse once told me that she'd rather die of cancer than booze destroying her liver. She'd watch people dying of that and it's unimaginably horrible.

W.