Notices

My realization

Old 06-08-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My realization

Hi everyone it's almost 9pm and I've been lying on the sofa all day hungover. I've wasted another day off and am feeling ashamed. I went to a family function last night which ended in a whole lot of drinking to 4am finally resulting in a alcohol fuelled argument between my fiancé and his cousin. I drink too much and too often and it has to stop today. This is my first post here....I signed up months ago
Old 06-08-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You've got company and glad you posted. It's a daily struggle. Keep posting even if you have a bad day. So much support here from folks who have overcome what we continue to deal with on a daily basis. It's inspiring so if they can do it, so can we!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Chicko. I'm pretty new here too, but I can say that in my first week of being active on this site, it has been very helpful. It feels good to know that you are not alone in this struggle. It's nice to have a community to be a part of that can help support you, and who you can also help support in return. I'm here for you!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am new here also. Just signed up today and already feel relieved to know that I am not alone and hear the positive advice and support. I had yet another terrible experience last night which was the last straw for me with my drunk behavior. I'm with ya
Old 06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! I keep thinking maybe it isn't a problem .....try limit which days to drink, but it's not working. Thank you again for the support
Old 06-08-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chicko View Post
Hi everyone it's almost 9pm and I've been lying on the sofa all day hungover. I've wasted another day off and am feeling ashamed. I went to a family function last night which ended in a whole lot of drinking to 4am finally resulting in a alcohol fuelled argument between my fiancé and his cousin. I drink too much and too often and it has to stop today. This is my first post here....I signed up months ago
Relatively new here as well. Also got sick of the constant hangovers and conflict-fueled life (conflict with others from my drinking). Alcohol can put a real strain on romantic relationships, I've lost every one I ever had because of it. Hopefully you can fix yours with your fiance. You're doing the right thing... welcome aboard.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Chicko View Post
Thank you so much! I keep thinking maybe it isn't a problem .....try limit which days to drink, but it's not working. Thank you again for the support
Welcome Chicko. I tried every possible form of moderation there is, and none of them worked for me either. Lots of info here on how to quit for good, hope you can stick around and find some that works for you.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Chicko.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Chicko - SR provides great support for getting sober.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you 😊
Old 06-08-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem to posting Chicko

It got so the only thing I hadn't tried was not drinking.
Why not give it a try?

D
Old 06-08-2014, 10:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
instant

I think everybodys day one is a low point. Gotta start somewhere. Great you are posting
Old 06-08-2014, 10:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Chicko. I remember those days of lying on the sofa hungover...I wasted years of weekends.

Weekends are treasured times for me now..I'm sure you won't regret quitting. Lots of support here
Old 06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Welcome to the forum Chicko!

There are so many helpful resources here to guide you during your journey.

And the people are great

Old 06-09-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ugh hangovers, they are such a waste. Glad you are here. I tried moderating too and wound up going from slow but steady drinking every night to binge drinking on the weekends. Both were doing bad things to me and my life and I had to finally accept that there is no middle ground. Of course my brain revolted at that concept, but I knew it was my time. Once I accepted that, I got on with recovering and building a life not centered on drinking and/or recovering. It's been a revelation. And although hard initially, a life of progressive drinking would be even harder and an awful waste. Be strong, you can do it and it will change your life for the better.