Notices

12 Hours

Old 06-08-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 Hours

It's been about 12 hours since my last drink and I'm feeling pretty rough. I won't give in though.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Well done, just battle through the initial withdrawal and keep hydrated, that is vital.
Take care.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't even feel human anymore. I'm disgusted with myself.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
Things will only get better from here on in, it's natural to feel low after quitting sometimes but you honestly will get there, try to get as much rest as possible in my experience you cannot sleep to much early on, it's great for your body to heal.
Just keep posting, that helps so much as you speak to others going through the very same things.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay strong alphabet. I promise you it gets easier. I didn't feel human for a long time. Now, for the first time ever in a long time, I do.

Think of a life worry and regret free. Feeling proud of yourself will make you feel the most human ever!!

One day at a time.

L x
Old 06-08-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey, alphabet. Every journey starts with a first step. The first few days are physically, emotionally, physically and spiritually very taxing. The physical part is very, very evident. I strongly recommend that you see a physician, detoxing can be dangerous and even deadly. A doctor can help with the physical withdrawals.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Hey, alphabet. Every journey starts with a first step. The first few days are physically, emotionally, physically and spiritually very taxing. The physical part is very, very evident. I strongly recommend that you see a physician, detoxing can be dangerous and even deadly. A doctor can help with the physical withdrawals.
Glad you are making the sobriety jump. I second this. Depending on how long how much you drank things can get pretty messy withdrawal wise.

I did it before, if you are sober, pop in at the ER. They will check you out. In my case I had nothin manor except anxiety and they prescribed me with something to relax.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Pat makes a great point, better safe than sorry of course.
Take care of yourself.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

I'm certainly uncomfortable, but I'll live. I tapered down towards the end, so I'm not concerned about health risks, really. Just need to get through 48 hours of this garbage and push the restart button on my life.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Alpha, I'm sorry to hear that you're still struggling with this. Please get whatever help and support you need to stop drinking and stay stopped before something terrible happens. You are a strong person and i know you can do it. You deserve to be happy. Wishing you the best.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm glad you were able to taper! Keep the medical help in the back of your mind if the physical symptoms become too awful. The good news is that it gets better! We've all felt the pain of physical withdrawals. I'm a total wuss but I was able to persevere through it and get over that. If you feel the beginning of a desire to drink, please come here and post first. We are a bunch that loves to offer support, especially though these trying times. We're here to help.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

I'm certainly uncomfortable, but I'll live. I tapered down towards the end, so I'm not concerned about health risks, really. Just need to get through 48 hours of this garbage and push the restart button on my life.
Excellent! Stick around SR. We will help and support you trough this.

Grab some hydrating, preferable something with electrolytes like some gatorade and post away!!!

Contr + Alt + Del will reboot your life! Personally I re-installed my operating system. Had to much viruses, Malware and spyware in my head. I got the new sobriety Firewall installed and everything is working as it should.
(Sorry for the analogy, I'm an IT geek)
Old 06-08-2014, 02:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

No Gatorade, but I'm drinking plenty of water with *some* luck keeping it down. Gonna try to eat today too as I haven't been succeeding in that realm lately...
Old 06-08-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Tender it like a bad flue and you'l do fine.

I usually go to the grocery store and pick up things that I like, better chance of getting an appetite this way.

I'm convinced that by the time we hit tuesday-wednesday you'l be posting on how better you feel. Keep courage! You can do this!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm sure I'll be doing much better then. Can't come soon enough! Today is gonna be a rough one for sure...
Old 06-08-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm sure I'll be doing much better then. Can't come soon enough! Today is gonna be a rough one for sure...
Keep super busy with chores around your place. I worked myself to exhaustion in the first few days. Good thing is that time went faster, I felt good about myself, my house smelled super clean, and it helped me fall asleep.

Can't go wrong with keeping busy.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a good day alphabet

D
Old 06-08-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you, I'll try. So far it's been pretty brutal.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Keep on this site - the support you'll find here is amazing and will def help you through the next few days.
I found making myself go outside for even 15 minutes at a time to get some fresh air helped - along with huge amounts of water and dr pepper (never liked it before but all of a sudden I'm a fan - go figure)
Crackers helped with the icky feeling...
Please know that in a few days you're going to feel so much better
Rooting for you!!
Old 06-08-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Really struggling right now. Sorry to be such a brat, I'm just trying to hang in there which I'm finding extremely difficult.