Notices

Day 21

Old 06-08-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 21

Hi all,

Day 21 today, it's a beautiful Sunday morning and I've woke up after a restful sleep! I'm not hungover, I'm not scared to check my phone or look over at my boyfriend to see the disgusted/hurt look on his face. No heavy heart, feeling of dread, full of apologies it'll never happen again! I never thought I'd get peace so soon.

Just want to say all this gets easier if anyone is struggling today. It's not easy but it does get better! Life should be like this, never thought I'd feel like that without a glass of wine in my hand.

One day at a time.

L x
Old 06-08-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

3 weeks way to go
Old 06-08-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done day 4 and struggling x
Old 06-08-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hello Leigh! Is it morning over there already? Lol!

Waking up without regrets is really amazing. I often take it for granted so I'm so happy to read your post. Now, I lay about in bed because I'm lazy, not because I'm afraid of how horrible I'll feel if I get up. It's really amazing how I look the same (wild hair, blankets pulled up to my chin, sleepy eyes) but feel so different. It sure is nice to wake up with gratitude instead of regret. Day 75 here. Can't wait to go to bed so I can wake up to a new day.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on three weeks!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Hello Leigh! Is it morning over there already? Lol! Waking up without regrets is really amazing. I often take it for granted so I'm so happy to read your post. Now, I lay about in bed because I'm lazy, not because I'm afraid of how horrible I'll feel if I get up. It's really amazing how I look the same (wild hair, blankets pulled up to my chin, sleepy eyes) but feel so different. It sure is nice to wake up with gratitude instead of regret. Day 75 here. Can't wait to go to bed so I can wake up to a new day.
Yip morning....and sunny in Scotland?! Shock horror!! Well done on day 75! Can't wait to see how that feels!

We can all do this.

One day at a time.

L x
Old 06-08-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by LeighD View Post
Hi all,

Day 21 today, it's a beautiful Sunday morning and I've woke up after a restful sleep! I'm not hungover, I'm not scared to check my phone or look over at my boyfriend to see the disgusted/hurt look on his face. No heavy heart, feeling of dread, full of apologies it'll never happen again! I never thought I'd get peace so soon.

Just want to say all this gets easier if anyone is struggling today. It's not easy but it does get better! Life should be like this, never thought I'd feel like that without a glass of wine in my hand.

One day at a time.

L x
Excellent Leigh, great going, 3 weeks is awesome.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Haha, Leigh! We've had a run of sunny days here in Seattle. It's quite shocking for us as well! I'm just grateful that I know when it's raining and when it's sunny. I never could tell when I was drinking. Everything looked the same under the covers.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Haha, Leigh! We've had a run of sunny days here in Seattle. It's quite shocking for us as well! I'm just grateful that I know when it's raining and when it's sunny. I never could tell when I was drinking. Everything looked the same under the covers.
I know what you mean. Funny to think someone, somewhere in such a lovely, faraway place feels the exact same way as you do. It's an amazing thing being able to come together and help each other.

L x
Old 06-08-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I know! It's really funny. I can go through my day and really just be on autopilot. When I encounter another sober alcoholic online or at a meeting, I am happy and it's a positive influence on my day. What rocks, though, is when I'm buzzing around my day on autopilot and I recognize another sober alcoholic "in the wild." A tap on the back at the grocery store, a wave and a smile at the farmer's market, a sudden familiar face on the bus...that's when my day goes from good to great. I've wondered why this makes me so happy. What I think is, it's proof that we're out there and we're alive. We exist outside of meetings and conventions. We live in the real world and there are thousands of us.

It's easy to feel different because I go to meetings and do other things that confound normies. It's easy to let myself see all the things I can't do, even though I'm doing things that were impossible when I was drinking. I often don't think twice about of effing amazing it is that I went to the grocery store, got my oil changed and called my mom...sober! But when I see another sober alcoholic out there doing normal life things, it reminds me that this is a miracle. I'm not just going to the grocery store. I'm going to the grocery store and I'm not afraid! I woke up this morning and I got in the shower! I did laundry! I. Brushed. My. TEETH! There was a time that all that felt impossible or at least terribly difficult. Now, it's something I enjoy. It's something I do because I care. I care again and that is a miracle.

Goodness...I'm in a mood tonight!
Old 06-08-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know! It's really funny. I can go through my day and really just be on autopilot. When I encounter another sober alcoholic online or at a meeting, I am happy and it's a positive influence on my day. What rocks, though, is when I'm buzzing around my day on autopilot and I recognize another sober alcoholic "in the wild." A tap on the back at the grocery store, a wave and a smile at the farmer's market, a sudden familiar face on the bus...that's when my day goes from good to great. I've wondered why this makes me so happy. What I think is, it's proof that we're out there and we're alive. We exist outside of meetings and conventions. We live in the real world and there are thousands of us. It's easy to feel different because I go to meetings and do other things that confound normies. It's easy to let myself see all the things I can't do, even though I'm doing things that were impossible when I was drinking. I often don't think twice about of effing amazing it is that I went to the grocery store, got my oil changed and called my mom...sober! But when I see another sober alcoholic out there doing normal life things, it reminds me that this is a miracle. I'm not just going to the grocery store. I'm going to the grocery store and I'm not afraid! I woke up this morning and I got in the shower! I did laundry! I. Brushed. My. TEETH! There was a time that all that felt impossible or at least terribly difficult. Now, it's something I enjoy. It's something I do because I care. I care again and that is a miracle. Goodness...I'm in a mood tonight!
I hear you with getting enjoyment from the small things. Those were things I hated doing cause I didn't feel I had the energy to Shower, brush hair etc (but had the willpower to run down to the shop in my jammies, hood up, no looking the shop assistant in the eye as I asked for a half bottle of vodka) Me sober was horrified how little I cared about myself. I've loved getting back to me. Things can only get better for us all if we just keep going. One minute, hour and day T a time.

L x
Old 06-08-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Way to go! Same here, up early with the birds and feel like a zillion bucks