Notices

Day 4

Old 06-08-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Ohmygosh, Day 4 isn't pathetic! It's a miracle! Normies don't understand what 4 days of no alcohol is like for an alcoholic. They don't use alcohol the way we do or react the way we do to alcohol so they don't experience withdrawals like we do. Withdrawals are by far the most horrible experiences I've ever been through. It's like being in a boxing match with Vampire Mike Tyson and no bell to stop the fight! It huuuurts!

Still, it passes. These days feel long while we're going through them but you will be amazed when you come out the other end and you realize that it's over. Then, the real work starts, lol! But really, the physical withdrawal symptoms are just so crushing. When someone makes it through that and gets to start working on putting together a life where you no longer have to drink, I just wanna cry and hug them. We're all miracles but seeing someone make it through their first few weeks is like watching someone being risen from the dead. Well, not in the zombie way. More like the Lazarus way! It's just beautiful and I know it means I have another sober alcoholic brother or sister to share this amazing life with.

I am alive by breaths and inches. I was born with a 4 leaf clover in one hand and a horseshoe in the other. I'm lucky beyond lucky to be alive and intact. I'm so happy that you're coming alive again. I've been where you've been and I just want you to remember to come here before you drink. I really struggled with Days 4-7 because I would start to feel physically good enough to drink again and I was stuck in that cycle. When you feel that pull, come on here and reach out. You can even call your local AA office and talk to someone. Don't feel like you have to do this alone because no one expects that. It doesn't make you strong to go it alone or weak to ask for help. When someone who is struggling comes to another sober alcoholic for help, it helps both people, not just the asker. You can do this because we believe in you. After all, we've done it!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Vicky
You are doing great.
Best to consult with your doc about the Zopiclone when the time is right.
But 4 days without the booze is awesome...
You can do this.
With help you never have to do this again...
Be safe.
G