Notices

That was me

Old 06-07-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That was me

So, I am in Dublin for the night to see my friends. As I got up to get off the bus I noticed this guy in front of me. Actually I thought he was going to puke all over the aisle. He was saying to his friend on the phone that he was still dying of a hangover. This was at 7 in the evening.

Ah, I remember those days well. Drinking half the night and sick all the next day. There are times when I wouldn't start to feel better until around 9 pm. Then I would head out to the store before it closed for more wine. It was crazy really what I put myself and my body through. I am so thankful to be off that merry-go-round and to be over 7 months sober. Chances are, that guy is not an alcoholic but I saw his face and he was clearly suffering. I will pray for him and everyone else who is in pain, tonight.

Actually, I haven't thought about drinking in a long time, until last night. My parents wedding anniversary is this weekend and we are having a family lunch when I get back tomorrow. This is stressing me out a bit, dealing with family is always stressful for me. But I will cope, drink San Pelligrino at the party and do my breathing exercises. After all, this too shall pass.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tetra you are really doing great and inspire me a lot. Very thoughtful of you thinking about others hangovers.

I'm on day 11 and feel really good. I know tomorrow I'll be getting up with the birds with a clear mind and another productive day.

Take care friend!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you do too Tetra

D
Old 06-07-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah I used to have 2 day hangovers. My last detox was 4 days of hell then got a little better every day.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have a good time at the anniversary party - you will do just fine, and I'm sure you'll actually enjoy it when it's all said and done!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Your post reminded me of where I had sunk to. In late stage alcoholism the only time you don't feel sick is when you are drinking. You are physically dependant. Like the junkie you need the fix or you start withdrawing and trust me acute alcohol withdrawal is a particularly nasty experience.

Just one of the benefits of long term alcoholism

Stay strong and you can do it
Old 06-07-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Late stage. Think I'm quickly approaching. The hangovers are much worse and last a couple of days. When you're sick more often than not, its time to quit. My gut is literally talking to me. Not good.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My last hangover lasted 4 days. Horrible thing to put your body (and mind) through.