SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Still a NEWBIE at 682 days clean & sober!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/33455-still-newbie-682-days-clean-sober.html)

sam082602 07-08-2004 12:50 PM

Still a NEWBIE at 682 days clean & sober!!

So what gives? When do I get to grow up and be a big kid?! Or is there even a such thing as a big kid in recovery? :dunno

I always share in the newcomers board because that is where I feel the most comfortable plus I feel that it allows the ones that have fewer days than me to see that I understand totally where they are coming from even though I do have as many days as I do!!

Someone posted about having 36 days clean & sober (congratulations) and having the emotional rollercoaster begin...well, I am still on that emotional rollercoaster but today I use the spiritual tools given to me by the program plus I get creative by coloring in a coloring book (I have five right now), cooking, painting-by-number, playing playstation 2 video games, hanging with Russell (my man), playing with my cat & my kitten (Kazy & Tiger), and the list just goes on and on!! :veryhappy

I am finally learning how to stand up to my family (my dad is the hardest) just by actually doing the action of standing up to them.

I hope no one ever gets offended that I use the newcomer board to vent & to share my experience, strength, and hope because I just want to be helpful while staying sober myself!!

Thanks, for listening and being there for me!! Love all of ya'll!! Now let's party on down because we all have succeeded in yet another clean & sober day and that is just awesome!! :boogy

godsonmyside 07-08-2004 01:03 PM

That's what its all about. Recovery can and is fun. Everything is not so life threatning in recovery today, as long as we dont use. I have a good sense of humour and love life today. I will always be a Big Kid. I have 2 kids, a wife, 2 dogs, 4 cats, gerbels and the joy of my kids lets me see the brighter side of things. Through the TOOLSm at hand, Life is enjoyable beyond my wildest dreams. E, S & H, We keep what we have by giving it away. If we don't give it away, we loose it. :jail

sam082602 07-08-2004 01:11 PM

Not as crazy as I thought I was!!

Thanks for the reply cause it feels good to have someone else get me!! :funjump:

Okay, gotta keep on celebrating our sobriety!! :celebrate

See ya later!! :wavey:

KelKel 07-08-2004 01:35 PM

Thank you for being such an inspiration...
:hug:

sam082602 07-08-2004 01:47 PM

You are so sweet, kel!!

Here is a rose :rose for you because you are always so sweet!! Love ya!!

wingsfree 07-08-2004 04:34 PM

(((((((((Sam))))))))))) :flowers1:

I love reading your posts girl, keep shining, you're doing FANTASTIC.

So what gives? When do I get to grow up and be a big kid?! Or is there even a such thing as a big kid in recovery? :dunno
Who wants to grow up? not me. The way I see it, we're all young minds stuck in older looking bodies. Don't ever change, you're just fine the way you are.

Dancing with you Sam....yipppeeee to another clean and sober day, keep rocking kiddo. :boogy

HUGS HUGS HUGS

1Marty 07-08-2004 07:15 PM

Hi, Sam! Marty here, alcoholic. Great post. You sound very happy, jouous, and free!