Notices

Was it a dream?

Old 06-06-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Was it a dream?

I'm not sure what to make of something that happened to me last night. Let me start by saying I'm not a religious person but do believe in a higher power. Just not sure what it is. I don't like organized religion or believe in the bible. Ok, that said, here's what happened...

In this event, I was white water rafting. Ended going over a large waterfall and died. Ive had dreams of falling and have always woke up before hitting the ground. Not this time.

I remember the pain and sorrow. Then I was suddenly standing as what I can only describe as the pearly gates. There was a figure standing off to the left and my brother (who died of an OD a few years ago). My brother was wearing a suit and was holding roses. We just looked at each other.

He then said "it's not your time" and threw the rose behind him. It was at this point a white light enveloped me and I was whooshed back into my body. I woke up taking a huge breath.

I didn't drink last night. I know all kinds of crazy things happen to us during recovery. I just can't wrap my head around this one. Weird.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The mind is a powerful thing. If you are looking for a message, i'd say it's your mind telling you that now is not your time to give in to drinking and instead get on with living your life sober.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

That was a beautiful and powerful dream and the message is clear. Go with it - someone (God, your HP, unconscious self) is watching out for you - take notice!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dreams are a vehicle of our subconscious and there are many different types pf dreams.

When analysing a message or educational type dream it is very important to take note how you felt at the time the events in the dream were unfolding.

While your dream really sounds like it is about new beginnings and fresh starts and could be but also may not be necessarily so.

While it is fresh in your memory try writing down the feelings and knowings you had during your dream...usually that will reveals the meaning of our dreams.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Why not just make a leap of faith and not try to over analyse it.

There are things that cannot be explained, like the size of the universe.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

I once had a dream that the hand of my higher power was reaching out to me to awaken with my hand over my body in a grasp type position.......
Old 06-06-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like Scotts interpretation

That's a powerful message Timmah. Cherish it and heed it

D