Notices

I hate this feeling.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Welcome to the forum Rosebug!

Remember that your sobriety is yours and it means the world to you It takes work and diligence and the payoff is huge. Self-respect. Inner beauty. Smiles. Daily.

All the things you want to be are right there inside you. They are you.

Let go of the 'mean little girl' a little bit at a time. Everyday.

You can do this. Stay strong. Stick around. We have all been there.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rosebug View Post
I like that tactic, just get through the day. I hope one day it will come easier, almost naturally so I don't have obsess so much about it.
If you can, make it personal. Own your sobriety. It is yours. Think of it like the most important thing in your life today. Rinse and repeat, one day at a time.

You can share recovery, but sobriety is all yours!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Rosebug you probably don't think so but you are incredibly fortunate and smart to have this realisation at 28. I was 58 before I got sober.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am feeling pretty good, today is day 3 and I turned down my usual after work shots with the coworkers and a pool party. My social calendar is quickly clearing and I find myself having so much extra time. Unfortunately my fiancé is super busy at work leaving me alone most of the time but other then the ridiculous anxiety I've been getting I feel good and strong. My sister is going to come and pick up all of the booze from my house tomorrow morning so that's good for me. Since part of my problem is the need to constantly be out and the life of the party (or at least for part of the party until I passed the point of no return) my fiancé has given me an inventive, every week I stay sober he will take me to whatever restaurant I want for a date night. I'm very fortunate to have him by my side. My sister (who has always been my partner in crime and enabler) agreed to quit drinking with me but that lasted all of one day. I hope this change in life style doesn't drive a wedge in our relationship. All in all though I am still staying positive. Thank you everyone for such kind words and support, it really does help.