Notices

Really tired in the evenings

Old 06-03-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really tired in the evenings

I'm 11 days sober, and sleeping deeper and longer than ever before. And whilst Im feeling more clear headed and focused at work, Im in bed by 7 every evening feeling exhausted. Ive been like this since day 1. Not sure if I just need to break out of the cycle or whether its part of my recovery and my energy will return in good time?

I have a fairly stressful job and a drink used to liven me up when I got in.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm on day 12, and I'm experiencing the same thing, but my energy levels are crashing around 3:00 in the afternoon.

I'm taking b vitmans, drinking lots of water, and trying to get some exercise and eating healthy foods.

Its slowly making a difference. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Really tired myself. x
Old 06-03-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on day 8 and very lethargic as well as irritable. Feel like shutting the door to my room and sleeping until next week! I, too, am taking b vitamins, drinking water, and exercising. My healthy eating is inconsistent. Any advice on this thread is much appreciated.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It takes several weeks, even longer sometimes, for your body to re-adjust and heal itself from the damage done by long term drinking. Your brain also has to get used to not swimming in a sea of alcohol too!

Fatigue and tiredness are very common in early sobriety. Make sure you get enough rest, drink lots of fluid, eat well, get a little excercies - even just a walk is good. If after all these things you still think you are abnormally tired, see your doctor to be safe. It WILL get better!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all, its reassuring to know I'm not the only one!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I gave into it and did whatever my body told me. I was exhausted the first month or so and didn't feel good-why not just be good to yourself and let your body heal. We put ourselves through the wringer and we need to be kind to ourselves so we can recover. We need nourishment, excercise, and rest. It improves with time.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

A drink used to liven me up too supersonic.
It was only after I quit I really that was a sign I was physically addicted to the max...

We really beat ourselves up good with years of abuse. I think we underestimate that sometimes....

Give it a little time. Things will come good

D
Old 06-03-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wouldn't worry about it, for my first few weeks I was like a zombie, almost as if I had jet lag, I didn't take anytime off work, and so when I came home it was a few hours before I was in bed shattered.

It all eased eventually, hang in there!!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sleep is healing. I was sleeping a lot in my first few weeks of sobriety. Count your blessings. Some can't sleep when drying out.

Now that I am on Day 55, I need far less sleep. Feeling better in every way. Still a little foggy here and there, but a million times better than when I was getting drunk nightly.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Same here at two weeks. Turning in early, but the sleep is SLEEP.
I don't miss forgetting when I fell into bed and waking up at 4:00 am in an oily cold sweat,
dreading having to get up for work, hungover and sick. Groaning in the shower, struggling to get dressed to head out on time, wishing I could call in sick. Nah.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ohhhh yeah!!! I was exhausted! I perked right up but am in another tired phase, just listening to the ole bod though! Sleep is good!