SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   After a year of teeter tottering.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/334192-after-year-teeter-tottering.html)

ontherightpath 06-03-2014 12:40 PM

After a year of teeter tottering....

After a year (or more) of investigating if I can drink like a normie and manage my life, I have finally quit digging. My desire to stay sober is stronger than my desire to drink. I feel solid about this. I have a sponsor and a home group. It's time to get further into action. No more investigating. My affair with alcohol is over. I know I have said it before, but it has taken me every drop I have consumed to get here. And I'm pumped to let the past go!

ScottFromWI 06-03-2014 12:42 PM

Welcome back - it sounds like you are definitely on the right path as your name would suggest! Glad to hear you have a solid foundation started locally for support, and hope you can find what you need here on SR as well.

firstymer 06-03-2014 12:43 PM

Glad to hear it, OTRP. So, today is Day 1?

Good luck. Keep posting and let us know how things are going. :ring

theupsides92 06-03-2014 12:50 PM

Today is my day one as well after another relapse. This time will be different. It has to be different. Good luck in your journey!

Hevyn 06-03-2014 12:55 PM

Hi ontherightpath. I concluded my investigation about 6 yrs. ago, after 30 years of research. :( Wish it hadn't taken me so long to see what you're seeing now. :) Congratulations.

least 06-03-2014 01:07 PM

I'm glad you've decided on a sober life. It's so much better. :)

instant 06-03-2014 01:44 PM

I wasn't a particularly good researcher. I kept repeating the same experiment.

I recall finding the decision to separate from alcohol liberating

Thepatman 06-03-2014 02:08 PM

Way to go!! You sound very positive and motivated!

ontherightpath 06-03-2014 02:16 PM

Yes, today is day 1. The last day 1. My higher power is with me. My resolve is strong.

PurpleKnight 06-03-2014 03:34 PM

Sounds like a great decision!! It all starts with a Day 1!!

You can do this!! :)

FreeOwl 06-03-2014 03:40 PM

way to go!!!

firstymer 06-04-2014 07:07 AM

Day Two today, OTRP? How are you feeling? Keep on keeping on. :ushup:

soberlicious 06-04-2014 09:47 AM

Yay OTRP!! It's a great feeling to know the question is asked and answered, never to be revisited again.

ontherightpath 06-04-2014 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by firstymer (Post 4694262)
Day Two today, OTRP? How are you feeling? Keep on keeping on. :ushup:

Yes day 2. I am currently packing as I am going on a weekend trip with my husband and his coworkers. Im being gentle on myself and having some realistic fears about this trip. But I have checked out meeting times and places. I have a script for Ativan if my anxiety gets out of control. I am trying not to project too far into the future. Just asking for guidance at every juncture.

I am more scared of being home alone tomorrow night than I am being away for the weekend. But I keep telling myself that the trip would be horrendous if I started it out hungover. And I want to show up merely jet lagged, not useless. Lol

Anyways, things are well in the big scheme of things. I'm gonna hit a meeting here in a little bit.

DancingDiva 06-04-2014 09:06 PM

Glad you're committed to a better life! Keep on keepin' on!

whatcouldbe 06-04-2014 09:07 PM

Congrats!

ontherightpath 06-04-2014 09:10 PM

Thanks . I can't do it on my own though. I need u people. And I need to stay close to aa. The closest meeting to my hotel is 3 min by car. Have the address saved in my phone. <-- the next right thing

ontherightpath 06-04-2014 09:14 PM

And is it wrong that I am fantasizing sitting in my room, with my phone and a book. After a hot
Shower? Haha.... Unreal. Most hotel stays mean let's get wasted! Use the corridor walls to keep my upright as I stumble back to my room. Not remembering turning the lights on or off and passing out on the worlds comfiest pillows? Sounds like fun?????? Nope. But it's what I am used too, so this is already making me a bit uncomfortable. ((Honest))

Verte 06-04-2014 11:33 PM

Ontherightpath...you can do this! You are doing this.

Hold on tight to your visions of today :) Sober.

:grouphug:

firstymer 06-05-2014 08:29 AM

Day Three, OTRP? Hoping for a happy update from you. :herewego