Notices

Fioricet and Withdraw Time?

Old 06-03-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fioricet and Withdraw Time?

I started using Fioricet with Codeine about 3 years ago. Started at 1 pill every day, increased to a couple most days, then finally to 3 per day for the last year and 4 per day for the last six months. I took my last pill on April 28. I never imagined that the getting clean would be so difficult as I didn't think I was using THAT many pills to have an extended withdraw.
I tapered pretty quickly, going from 4 per day, to 2 per day for 2 days, then 1 per day for 4 days, then finally 1/2 per day for 4 days. During the taper and the week after taper, I experienced what I would call extreme anxiety, agitation, confusion and just felt out of it. Looking back it seems like a dream. At the time, I didn't think I would get thru it, but looking back, it was manageable. My MD started me on Lexapro 5 weeks ago. I'm not sure if many of the lasting withdraw symptoms are from going off the fioricet or onto the Lexapro. I'm still experiencing some "down" feelings, morning anxiousness, and nausea. Am I experiencing PAWS? Overall I feel better I think? Just still not myself. I'm obsessing about how if feel all the time. I can't stop researching, and evaluating how I'm feeling. When will I feel like myself?
Old 06-03-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I believe PAWS is generally something you run into months after you've physically withdrawn, so not sure if that's what you're feeling now. Is the DR who prescribed the Lexapro aware of how it's going? That might be a good place to start.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, you could ask your dr if there are usual side effects for the Lexapro. It does seem that going off Fiorcet and then starting Lexapro that it might take your body awhile to adjust to the changes. I hope you feel better.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, my doctor and my sister (who is also an MD) are aware of everything. They don't believe I will have much of a problem adjusting really, don't feel I was using enough for long enough to really have a hard time. Think the Lexapro will help my brain reset and will maybe take about 6 mos to heal and feel 100%. What ever that is! I got up to using 4 a day six mos ago while I was going thru some serious stressors. I believe I was trying to handle the stress. I think I've experienced every single side effect from Lexapro and almost all of them have come and gone now. I just still don't feel happy. I don't feel terrible, just kind of grey.

Has anyone on here used about the same amount as I did? Most people that I can find were using for much longer and using over double what I was....