Notices

Troubled...

Old 06-03-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Troubled...

Hello everyone. I find myself here looking for some comfort I guess. My ex-girlfriend of 2 years is an alcoholic. I found this out about 9mo-1yr into it. It really took off when her and her family had a fallout. Long story short we lived together and a week ago she began hitting on me and belittling me in sexual ways and would put me down a lot. At this point I broke and had enough so I called the cops and she was arrested with domestic violence charges. I was/am in love with her. I never realized the Jackle and Hyde affect alcohol has on someone like this. When she is sober things are great but when drinking she would talk to men, hit, fight, etc. Now I have court this week in regards to a restraining order I placed on her. As much as I care about her I can not take this on anymore. I have to take care of myself. I know I am doing the right thing but I really could use some support right now. Thanks in advance....

Todd
Old 06-03-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you are doing the right thing. most important is to be honest about it. do not embellish your story or alter the facts. after that you need to think about what you want from this situation and what you want from life.

You can't fix someone else, you can only do what is right for you.
Good Luck
Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I know Im doing the right thing. I am a natural nurturer and this gets me in further than most people but I have no regrets. I care deeply for her but like you said I can't fix her nor do I want to. I feel like the real her is inside there but you know. Just helps talking about it some.