Notices

The 24 hour thread

Old 06-02-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

The 24 hour thread

There are a lot of questions going around about it, and since so many of us are concerned/confused about what is going on I thought I would start a thread about it. Hopefully here we can get clarification about it and be told what is going on. As a forum of people all trying to get well, and such a popular thread, I think it's in everyone's interests to be kept informed.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Deeker put a lot of work into the thread. Keeping track of birthdays, finding pictures, producing a roster, and writing a daily post took a lot of time. She had mentioned several times that the thread was a lot of work.

Apparently, Deeker sought to control what was posted in the thread in a way that Admin. thought was not appropriate.

I have suggested starting a new "24-Hour Club" thread every day. One of the main reasons for this would be to generate a roster simply by clicking on the number of posts in the thread.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

But it was her who started it and maintained it, unless I am completely missing something the simplicity and encouragement of the thread and particularly deekers input are what made it so special and something many of us enjoy feeling part of.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what happened but I've found the 24 hour club a great help.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My initial observations are:

-The recovery stories section of the Forum has only had 9 posts in the whole of 2014, it's not something I even was aware of until today.

-The 24hr club is generally populated by those under 1yr, so they couldn't post in the recovery stories section.

-In my time posting and reading the 24hr club, there is never that much narrative of stories by many members, the newcomers forum gets a lot more such traffic, in the 24hr club the majority of the time seems to be clocking in with a time and location, with maybe a few sentences, but nothing excessive.

-The 24hr thread serves as a great place for accountability, one of the only places in the Forum that creates a daily place to pledge another 24hrs of Sobriety.

I don't know what the way forward is, but maintaining that same accountability in some form or another for newcomers is essential. All I know is you did a great job Deeker overseeing it.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm going to close this thread. I believe I addressed questions in the actual 24 hour thread. If you have more questions please PM me.

I asked deeker to forward me any PMs she had that backed up her complaints and received nothing concerning any changes made.

I did get a copy of some PMs moderators sent her.

The only thing we can do now is move forward.
You have a choice of whether you want to continue to participate.

There have been some really hurtful PMs sent out to members and I just can't let that continue.

Thank you all and I'm sorry for any hurt that has been caused by this.