Notices

Quitting Tomorrow

Old 06-02-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting Tomorrow

Hello all,

I got married in September almost 2 years ago. Before I got married I quit drinking beer on Mother's Day. I stayed clean until after my marriage, however I was one of those people that thought I was cured. When I quit the first time, I went from 130 pounds down to around 102 from Mothers day in May to mid September. I felt great and even took up walking and jogging.

Well I am not one of those people that can ever drink again and I find that I am now drinking again daily. I have been for quite some time and I am back up to 130 Pounds.

This time I realize. I just can never drink alcohol. If I do, I will fall back into the same trap, stop exercising and have a crappy life. I am so tired of it. Why do I want to drink? I wish I knew. My drink of choice is Mich-Ultra. However, I drink it like water. It's easy to do as it doesn't taste too strong.

Anyway, I plan to browse the forums and hope for some help through my reading.

I am stating my quit date will Be June 3rd, 2014.
-HW
Old 06-02-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

I did the same thing,thought I could manage after 14 months of sobriety.
Took me over 5 years to climb back out of the bottle.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by HappyWithout View Post
Hello all,

I got married in September almost 2 years ago. Before I got married I quit drinking beer on Mother's Day. I stayed clean until after my marriage, however I was one of those people that thought I was cured. When I quit the first time, I went from 130 pounds down to around 102 from Mothers day in May to mid September. I felt great and even took up walking and jogging.

Well I am not one of those people that can ever drink again and I find that I am now drinking again daily. I have been for quite some time and I am back up to 130 Pounds.

This time I realize. I just can never drink alcohol. If I do, I will fall back into the same trap, stop exercising and have a crappy life. I am so tired of it. Why do I want to drink? I wish I knew. My drink of choice is Mich-Ultra. However, I drink it like water. It's easy to do as it doesn't taste too strong.

Anyway, I plan to browse the forums and hope for some help through my reading.

-HW

Hi and welcome to SR, you will be made to feel very much at home here amongst similar minded people.

Welcome.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome HappyWithout. You'll find a wealth of knowledge and understanding here at SR. If I might ask, why not start today?
Old 06-02-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Because I cannot quit when it is still in the house. I am drinking now. There has to be 0 beer here for me to do it. In the first week or so when I quit before I would not even go anywhere there was alcohol.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! You'll find loads of support here!!

btw not having any drink in the house, doesn't mean you have to actually drink it, there is the option of pouring it out.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Purple, I did that last time actually. When I set my quit date as Mother's Day, the day before there would be some left for the next day. I poured them out. That I will do today if need be. I cannot have it near me when I quit, as I will not feel to well the first few days. I will even have a hard time watching some TV shows and movies as they tend to drink. It's very hard for me to explain.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We understand.
Most here call them "triggers".
Old 06-02-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Purple, I did that last time actually. When I set my quit date as Mother's Day, the day before there would be some left for the next day. I poured them out. That I will do today if need be. I cannot have it near me when I quit, as I will not feel to well the first few days. I will even have a hard time watching some TV shows and movies as they tend to drink. It's very hard for me to explain.
Oh, I am also strange in the way that I like to have that 8-9 hours of sleep the night before my quit date. As I will not sleep well for quite a few days. If I stopped now, I will feel like crap the rest of the day. So I have to start the day fresh it is easier that way for me.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome. You're not the only one like that,I've had to delete songs off my iPod if it has anything to do with drinking 😃
Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

The great thing about quiting tomorrow is that it is always today. As others have mentioned you can dump the beer today and start down the path to a better life
Old 06-02-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Oh, I am also strange in the way that I like to have that 8-9 hours of sleep the night before my quit date. As I will not sleep well for quite a few days. If I stopped now, I will feel like crap the rest of the day. So I have to start the day fresh it is easier that way for me.
There is no right or wrong way, whatever helps you is the best route.

Keep posting, it makes life that bit easier.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It may be hard for you to explain but one of the many beauty's of this place is that it's not difficult for us to understand.
Keep healthy and get that stack of DVD,s , books and a drink of your choice , I ended up with apple juice I drank it by the gallon. Good luck and once you grasp the never again its a lot easier than treading water till you drink again.
John.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome, Happy. I don't question your plan. I only hope you stick to it, wake up sober tomorrow and ready to roll up your sleeves, especially through the first few very difficult days (which I and most of us know very well). This forum can be a great help. Hope we see a lot of you around here. Tomorrow can be the first day of a much brighter, clearer, happier future.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Welcome and understand what ur have said. I myself is waiting for that final date. However if I made a thread today it would be that I give up tomorrow just like u.

You sound really positive and I do hope and wish u well on ur travel.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum Happy!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and all the best for tomorrow. It will not be easy as in sure you know but you can battle through it. On days like that Netflix is your friend
Old 06-02-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well, my husband showed up with only a 6 pack tonight. I let him know if any is left I will pour it out tonight. He told me not to worry. None will be here. I can do this. I have before. I just want this one to be the last.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Also, I want to thank all of you for your support!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

-HW

hope that works for you
tomorrow always sounds like the best day to quit

what happened to today ??

don't get me wrong -- do wish you luck with that

MM