Notices

Being in a good mood

Old 06-01-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being in a good mood

It's a strange feeling seeing as I'm going through this.But today I've woke up and I'm very chirpy,but my brain is telling me I shouldn't be like this and to just be miserable basically.

Does anyone experience this?Maybe it's just self loathing and I'm actually starting to get to myself?thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Django. My brain tells me all sorts of stuff, changing from one minute to the next. I don't trust it. I am learning to ignore some of the little dramas my mind creates. If necessary I just go about my business on automatic pilot until it shuts up.

Basically, your brain wants alcohol and it is going to do anything it can to get some. Your job is to stay sober. That's all you need to do at this point.

Me too.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GwenCummings View Post
Hi Django. My brain tells me all sorts of stuff, changing from one minute to the next. I don't trust it. I am learning to ignore some of the little dramas my mind creates. If necessary I just go about my business on automatic pilot until it shuts up.

Basically, your brain wants alcohol and it is going to do anything it can to get some. Your job is to stay sober. That's all you need to do at this point.

Me too.
Yeah that's true,last night when I came home I wasn't in the best of moods,but I think that's because it's not the same without the dog.Its crazy what stuff you think of and what goes on in your mind when you're booze free!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi,
I second what Gwen said the old AV is sneeky
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Django -

I notice new feelings and contradictions when my mind was doing a lot of physiological healing.

I'm excited for you!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's great you feel chirpy Django
run with it!.

D
Old 06-02-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've woken up chirpy tooooo! Yay
Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I do need to run with this but I'm just waiting for something to put me back in my place!It is fun getting to know yourself,I'm alright as it goes!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

yeah I wake up happy..and a little voice says..what about the fact that you are a lowlife...now suffer like you should you horrible excuse for a human being..

gotta work on that
Old 06-02-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
yeah I wake up happy..and a little voice says..what about the fact that you are a lowlife...now suffer like you should you horrible excuse for a human being..

gotta work on that
I get that voice but mine says you're going to die one day anyway so why delay the inevitable,no way to live life really.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi Django,

Those feelings are all perfectly normal. All a part of the process.

We spend so long living in our misery and negativity because it's fuel for the addiction. Once you've fought off the AV a few times and realize that this indeed can be done it's a very happy feeling. Sometimes a little overwhelming. I think that no matter how much we are committed that we're going to quit that there's this one little piece of us that still holds doubt. When we begin to realize that we can indeed succeed that's a very powerful and positive feeling. It's true happiness. We spend lots of time over the years with anger, resentment, and depression which are fuel for addiction. they are our "go to" buddies that help us to justify why we should drink. It's a strange feeling to all of a sudden experience true happiness just for the sake of happiness that doesn't surround the use of alcohol. The AV hates this! Noooooooo, we can't have you being happy!

The best combat is to really think about what you've accomplished. This is hard work and you're doing it! Allow yourself the credit that you deserve, and you do deserve it!

So chirp away, allow yourself this. You're feeling true happiness which is something that you probably haven't experienced in a long time. It's almost childlike isn't it?

..........and guess what? Keep on doing what you're doing because it just keeps getting better! Good going!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

it was uncomfortable to feel comfortable. I had to learn to accept it....

it's my new normal now!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I heard that at a meeting not long ago....that we have to learn to be comfortable with the uncomfortable.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I like what Lady said, the negativity is a big reason why I drink. I also think that, subconsciously, I feel like I don't deserve to be happy or chirpy after all the crap I've done. I'm up this morning, though, expecting to have a good day because I'm sober, there's nothing to hide and no messes to clean up.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes Django. Waking up and feeling good is weird, isn't it? Feeling peaceful and content is so odd, like I'm wearing my someone else's shoes or something. But as stated here in this thread, I truly believe that is the AV/ego talking. I loved what GwenCummings said.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'd run with the good mood rather than put too much thought into it, you'll have opposite days when you'll need to work to get level. Take this a a present and indicator of the way life can be!
John.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm just the opposite right now. I've been sober longer this time than any time I can remember, so I feel like I should wake up feeling better since I've finally made steps and gotten to 2 weeks. My life hasn't changed much, though, except for being sober. I need to work on using the sober time to try to get back to doing some things I used to enjoy. I feel like I put so much effort right now concentrating on staying sober that I have little patience for anything else. Now just have to concentrate on what my life can be like sober.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scintillady View Post
I'm just the opposite right now. I've been sober longer this time than any time I can remember, so I feel like I should wake up feeling better since I've finally made steps and gotten to 2 weeks. My life hasn't changed much, though, except for being sober. I need to work on using the sober time to try to get back to doing some things I used to enjoy. I feel like I put so much effort right now concentrating on staying sober that I have little patience for anything else. Now just have to concentrate on what my life can be like sober.
I hope you feel better,I'm sure you will it's not an easy ride 😀