Notices

inertia

Old 06-01-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

inertia

Hello fellow troubled people, I'm aged 56 (libra) male living in Perth, Aust. I say troubled because if there is no single solution to torment then I'm in trouble. In actuality I'm so mired in alcohol that I can't get past it. This is my newest attempt. To own up to my helplessness without the hopes of rejuvenating relationships with my family, ie, attempting to rewrite history. I do think I'm on a upward trajectory due to having stable accommodation the last 5 years but it was a mashing of two into one. Which you might know as infinity into one if you're my age. Anyway enough about us, I do believe recovery is in caring beyond self to generate and perpetuate love but struggle with how to let go of my past relationships. They have let go of me now due to my addiction which now leaves me exposed to the silence of existence. What is my purpose after I squandered my youth on lies? To fall into more lies?
Old 06-01-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why would you want or need to fall into more lies? I don't understand.

I think recovery is about growth and change and honesty.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Phil, I worked on getting Sober, and then things started to look up in other areas of life, that may be the place to start.

You'll find loads of support and advice here on SR!!