Notices

People from AA ringing you

Old 06-01-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Coooool!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This has been one of the single most helpful threads I've read to date here.

I, too, have been a lone wolf all my life. I isolate myself out of fear, and arrogance, but mostly bone-deep fear of... well, everything. People, mostly. I don't trust anyone. I've always believed everyone would hurt you given half the chance. And all that's done is lead me to a spiritual wasteland and the bottle.

I, too, am struggling with going to an AA meeting. You, Django, have at least gone twice! I'm so scared to see someone I know there, and then have the "Alcoholic" stamp on my forehead. I am so scared to have to actually meet and talk to new people without the liquid courage that makes me chatty, and funny, and charming (or so I think, anyway haha).

So thank you all who have posted here. Such a great thread. So helpful!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tuesdayschild View Post
This has been one of the single most helpful threads I've read to date here.

I, too, have been a lone wolf all my life. I isolate myself out of fear, and arrogance, but mostly bone-deep fear of... well, everything. People, mostly. I don't trust anyone. I've always believed everyone would hurt you given half the chance. And all that's done is lead me to a spiritual wasteland and the bottle.

I, too, am struggling with going to an AA meeting. You, Django, have at least gone twice! I'm so scared to see someone I know there, and then have the "Alcoholic" stamp on my forehead. I am so scared to have to actually meet and talk to new people without the liquid courage that makes me chatty, and funny, and charming (or so I think, anyway haha).

So thank you all who have posted here. Such a great thread. So helpful!
I'm glad I've helped someone without knowing I would!With going to AA,I struggled with the I'm going to know somebody thing,which is why I went to a different town.Its still scary but once you realise everyone is there for the same reason and everyone was once a newcomer it's actually really nice.And the people are so nice and helpful!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Isolation and loneliness are alcoholism's best friends. People in AA know this and if you return the call and go to meetings you will learn many of alcohol's strategies to keep you drunk.

Recovery is about change much more than it is about not drinking
Old 06-01-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Isolation and loneliness are alcoholism's best friends. People in AA know this and if you return the call and go to meetings you will learn many of alcohol's strategies to keep you drunk.

Recovery is about change much more than it is about not drinking
I'm starting to realise that already!