Notices

if I only knew then what I know now.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

if I only knew then what I know now.

I never would have taken my first pain pill. I would have found a different way to deal with the pain. I would have dealt with life the real way. What about you what would you have done different.?
Old 05-31-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would never have picked up the first drink.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I don't know that I would have done anything differently regarding alcohol. It was part of my life for better or worse, and I was able to stop before it destroyed me and those around me.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would have stopped a long time ago
Old 05-31-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wouldn't have started drinking in the mornings. I very distinctly remember a time period (going on three years ago) when I'd come home at midday and there would be wine and stuff sitting around and I wouldn't even think twice about NOT going near it. It wasn't even a challenge. Eye openers? Never. Midday bottles? Never.

I know why it progressed. It was a bunch of stressful situations that just made picking up easier. Then, like many on here say, I needed it to be normal. As soon as I'd get that SOB in me, the anxiety and the abnormal feelings would melt.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LDT

I would have stopped 20 years ago. I am so proud ( and maybe a little envious) of those getting their act together at a younger age.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would have tried harder to stay sober 5 years ago. I got sober while being locked up for being a danger to myself. 3 weeks. after that I didn't drink for a while. I did some other stuff though that was self destructive. maybe even worse. got help for that but then I started back with drinking. maybe had I done some sort of program I could have stayed sober. I guess at least I'm trying again now before it kills me.