Notices

What are you doing to take care of your self today?

Old 05-31-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are you doing to take care of your self today?

I went to a meeting at 6 am.

Now I'm going to go for a walk. Nothing like a little exercise to get a burst of dopamine going in my brain au natural.

Last Tuesday I got a massage. Yesterday I got my hair done.

Let's make a list of things we can do to take care of ourselves. I'll start.

1) take a walk.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

Exercise is the biggest one for me. Yoga, weightlifting, walking and cycling mainly. Never would have had the motivation to actually do these things if I were drinking/hungover.

But since you have a kind of exercise on your list I'll go with another big one

2) Regularly get a good quality sleep.

I think this is massively important. We need lots of sleep to function at our best and alcohol completely messes with that. Even if you sleep a lot while drinking it's not proper, essential rest for the brain.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

3) I am eating healthily today
Old 05-31-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Taking my meds and vitamins. Decided not to drink today.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Other than not drinking, I am going to spend the day with my wife and daughter. While it is by no means uncommon for me to spend a fair amount of time with them, I will be sober, and therefore will be much more present than I was just a couple short weeks ago.

My upper body is cooked from the workout yesterday, so I am taking the day off from exercise.

I at a banana this morning and could actually taste the damn thing. I never knew my taste was compromised by drinking. Who knew!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just made a green smoothie and packed everything in: kale, kiwi, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, wheatgrass, banana, mixed seeds, and hazelnut milk. It is a thing of beauty

Are we on number 4 now?

4) Stockpile fruit and make a smoothie!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

5) enjoy a lazy Saturday and stay home and rest and relax.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You inspired me snow bunting. Off to my nutri bullet for an instant smoothie lift!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had a horrible day yesterday...then...seemingly out of nowhere...I got an unexpected financial gift from my brother as he had come upon some good fortune.
I am now able to take care of some bills that was causing me horrible anxiety and stress (not to mention avoiding strange numbers on my phone).

I'm going to take care of some bills...but I do think I'm going to fit a pedicure in as well. Just for me and my return to sobriety.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I ran six miles this morning and had three homemade beef and fried egg tacos and a sort-of ripe pear, then laid on the couch for a couple hours watching anime and surfing the internet, and then I turned on the air conditioning for its first test run of the year - seems to be air conditioning, hurrah!

Either gonna go shop or go driving someplace, not sure, or maybe restring a guitar. Maybe all three. World's my oyster, baby, I can do anything.

Hoping to run another six when the sun goes down, not sure how that's going to play out though.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am getting my hair done then going for a walk in the park on a beautiful Saturday and maybe an ice cream cone. This is my first weekend where my kids are with their dad and that was always my binge days. Its been a little tough but I keep reading the posts on this site and talking to my fiancee who helps me tremendously. It's nice to be able to spend the weekend not hungover.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm taking my 4 year old son on his first fishing trip tomorrow. He's so excited. I'd been promising to for ages but never got round to it before. No prizes got guessing why that was!
Old 05-31-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Went to the gym this morning, got my car washed, going to do a little grocery shopping later and make myself a healthy dinner. Definitely not drinking.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

market, coffee with a friend, meeting, read and tanned, watched a chick flick....and it's only 4:15pm here!

what next? veg some more on the couch
oh and I had a kicka$$ grilled cheese for lunch.
oh yah
Old 05-31-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Went to Pilates class. Ate a healthy lunch. Took a short nap and then made brownies with my son. I love being sober! 46 days today!
Old 05-31-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

After working out I took a long bath in my jacuzzi tub that came with the house that we bought (I never knew I wanted a jacuzzi tub until I had one!) and then I are cold watermelon and mango. All this after an early morning meeting, weights and cardio.

Now I'm off to babysit 4 kids under the age of 6. And I'm grateful someone would trust me with 4 adorable people like this.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Determined

Hour long walk this morning, 40 minute walk this afternoon, and read a few chapters in the Big Book
Old 05-31-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I went for a haircut and bought a new shirt. I feel really good and looking much better than I ever looked and all because I am sober
Old 05-31-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I went for a swim with my daughter. It is pouring outside and the first day of winter so I drove us to the new aquatic centre and we both swam laps. I felt great afterwards. We came home and I made the family a healthy vegetable soup for lunch. Taking care of myself involves being productive, doing things I enjoy and not pushing myself too hard to achieve huge milestones.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Took the Mr out for coffee this morning, went for a walk after lunch, just planned the week's meals so we eat well on work nights.