Notices

Introduction

Old 05-30-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Introduction

I may done the thread wrong. I am not up to speed on community sites. My name is Ash, I am an addict. Meth in particular however I have found that I just rotated different substancesover the years bversus one for the whole time. Probably to make myself believe there was not a problem. I am married have kids and job. I quit but I am finding that every 2-3 weeks I am back to it for a few days or week. I work and stay home and my husband (a alcoholic now 6 years sober) can't be the only one in my support system. He also compares our to different addictions not looking at the fact while all is same, no two are exactly the same. Looking for support, advice, stories. A place I can come and not be shunned as evil for a problem I am trying to rid myself of.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Ash! You will find lots of people here who understand your struggle. We're glad you're here.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ash

you posted just fine - welcome to SR.
Read around and post as much as you like - ask questions etc

D
Old 05-30-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome. There are great people here. I am new to recovery also but would never have made it through the last 6 days without their wise advice and support. Just coming here is a great step in the right direction.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. I didn't expect to have replies. I am glad I found this site. I know with support I can quit, support has been the one thing I have yet to include. Husband is great but he also can only take so much and is not going to continue hanging around if I can't keep off. I am also bipolar type 2 with a anxiety disorder. I have a great Dr who maintains with minimul prescriptions. But it makes it that much harder to communicate to someone that doesn't have a clue about my issue. I think that frustrates the husband even more. I can't just say what I need to say.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the family. Folks here are really supportive.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the site. I know you'll find lots of support here.

PS, is your cat wearing bandages on it's paws? What are those white things? I am curious.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Those are his feet. He has very long legs and he just has them hanging over.

ForumRunner_20140530_204148.jpg
Old 05-30-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aww - they are adorable. Welcome Ash! You definitely came to the right place for encouragement and understanding. We're glad you're here.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ok, now I can see.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

day 7

Day 7. I usually (since I went from daily to every3 week relapse) feel ok. However I know that soon I will be faced with making sure I don't pick up. I am.trying to approach it one day at a time but with life I have so many worries I can't keep my head in one day. Partly the bipolar, but I am always ahead of my self. How do I let those worries go? You name it I worry about it. I also didn't mention I have no hobbies. Other than work which technically doesn't count. But if I have to try and come up with a hobby I am easily frustrated. To me its one more thing I have to do today. Suggestions would be welcomed. I know I have to find something, Googling random crap to waste time is getting old.