Notices

Made an overdue amends

Old 05-30-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made an overdue amends

Yesterday I made a long over due amends to one of my dearest friends. I was the maid of honor in her wedding and dress shopping day was upon us. I apparently had my own agenda, having a few cocktails before it was go time. I drank a bottle of spiced rum in less than 2 hours, and was passed out when it was time to go. I lied to her and although I know she didn't believe me, I never brought it up. 6 years later I finally mustered up the courage to make the amends. We have remained friends thru all of it, and I am grateful for that, but I needed to clear my conscience for me, not for her. She accepted it with loving understanding, and now we continue to move forward. I don't know why I was so afraid to do it before, but I feel so much better with that monkey off my back!

One day at a time
Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm terrified of making amends with a few people. Funny I read this now. B/C the person on the top of my list was a friend who I was supposed to be a bridesmaid for last summer. My drinking essentially got in the way, I was asked to back down. We talked on FB on and off since then but the friendship hasn't been the same and I haven't seen her. Yesterday, she BBM'd me, I told her what was going on and she was super supportive!!!

feels great eh? I think we don't give the people who care about us enough credit. THey just want to see us get better.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Lovely, heartwarming posts! Thank you both
Old 05-30-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! Good soul you are.