Notices

hola!

Old 05-29-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up hola!

Hi everyone! I'm Alley. I got real stinkin' drunk last night and went kind of psycho hose beast on my now ex boyfriend. I used to be a lot of fun as a drunk, but I now realize that I have completely lost control. Every time I drink, I do something dumb. I make a fool out of myself, make out with too many people, do coke, lose my phone, spend hundreds of dollars, break my ankle, talk too much, act like a complete bastard to those I love most, fall on my stupid face and end up in the ER...the list goes on. Also, I'm 31 so it's not super "cute".

I'm miserable and sad and thanks to my antics, now alone. I feel like such a jerk and I am going to start outpatient treatment tomorrow. I have no idea what's going on, I'm terrified. Sooooo....hi!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Alley Kat - many of us ended up here after nights like that.
The important thing is you made it here, and you never have to feel like this again.

There's a lot of support and hope here - glad you found us

D
Old 05-29-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are terrified. Keep on keepin on and 2morrow is the first step. Welcome.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Alleykat, hola, and to SR. I'm happy to hear you are doing something about it at your age, rootin for ya.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I'm not a huge "cryer" (soberly, anyway) but your responses just made me burst out in tears. Man. I'm glad I found this place.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I've not regretted all my days being sober
Old 05-29-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Alley welcome to the family.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Alley
Old 05-29-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi alley! Everyone here gets it. Hang in there, get yourself into program and keep plugging!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to meet you Alleykat.

This place saved my life - I was so alone and miserable until I came here. No one in my life understood what I was going through. You're getting help at a young age - many of us continued for decades longer. You'll be avoiding so much pain by dealing with your addiction now. We're happy you're here.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hola Alley. Tranquil@ amig@. Lots of support on this forums. Keep reading and you'll find some peace.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alleykat View Post
Hi everyone! I'm Alley. I got real stinkin' drunk last night and went kind of psycho hose beast on my now ex boyfriend. I used to be a lot of fun as a drunk, but I now realize that I have completely lost control. Every time I drink, I do something dumb. I make a fool out of myself, make out with too many people, do coke, lose my phone, spend hundreds of dollars, break my ankle, talk too much, act like a complete bastard to those I love most, fall on my stupid face and end up in the ER...the list goes on. Also, I'm 31 so it's not super "cute". I'm miserable and sad and thanks to my antics, now alone. I feel like such a jerk and I am going to start outpatient treatment tomorrow. I have no idea what's going on, I'm terrified. Sooooo....hi!
sounds like the "old me". You are not alone!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Word, Ally. I'm 33 and when I was in my late 20s, I thought being the lush of the group was just who I was. I can't tell you how many dangerous and just dumb things I did when I was drinking. One night, I earned the nickname The Instigator. Thaw was 5 years ago and I still don't know what happened. I just know that a good friend of mine's face ended up on a brick pillar and I was somehow involved.

My 30s are turning out to be so much more enjoyable. I've gotten the chance to meet myself for the first time in a long time and get to know that person. Now, I no longer feel like I have to be the wild, hard drinking, smack my butt, lemme go kiss this gal lush of the group. I'm still a lot of fun and I'm still the goober my friends love. They're just not picking me up off the floor and explaining what happened when I sobered up. Win-win!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Word, Ally. I'm 33 and when I was in my late 20s, I thought being the lush of the group was just who I was. I can't tell you how many dangerous and just dumb things I did when I was drinking. One night, I earned the nickname The Instigator. Thaw was 5 years ago and I still don't know what happened. I just know that a good friend of mine's face ended up on a brick pillar and I was somehow involved. My 30s are turning out to be so much more enjoyable. I've gotten the chance to meet myself for the first time in a long time and get to know that person. Now, I no longer feel like I have to be the wild, hard drinking, smack my butt, lemme go kiss this gal lush of the group. I'm still a lot of fun and I'm still the goober my friends love. They're just not picking me up off the floor and explaining what happened when I sobered up. Win-win!
again...I can relate to this as well....being the drunk guy of the group got old but not fast enough!! So many nights I can't remember what happened.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I don't want to be the party monster anymore! It's emotionally exhausting. I think I will still be fun, but there is no way I will continue to be as bold as I have been. *cringes while remembering last night*
Old 05-29-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Alley,
Being 31 as well I realized my life was crumbling and I was ruining relationships left and right. Me and vodka = total wreckage, always. I'm at 2 weeks now. You can do this I'm rooting for you.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Anyone want to start an "I'm in my 30's and used to blackout" thread. I'm not being sarcastic - I'll start it if there are any takers
Old 05-29-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You are making the right choice. You will be so much better off coming very soon!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

welcome Alley, glad you found your way here. Are you finally ready for this? I hope so.
Whenever you feel the need to waste $100, send it to me. I can use it. I'll put it toward my electric bill.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome Alleykat! Im 32 and can definitely relate to your story! I hope you find peace and a new sober way of living. I currently have 77 days sober and am loving life! It is definitely worth it to put the drink down. I didn't say its easy, but I did say its worth it!