Notices

Newcommer Need support

Old 07-07-2004, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcommer Need support

:crisis Hi, I am new at this. I am 27 mother (and wife) of 2. I had past problem w/ doc cocaine. However became pg, and quit! Was clean for 13 months, them boom. Just a small line, and now I am at it again. The hardest thing is that. I have my so called drug buddy across the street! Not good. I need support, and at the moment am not able to go to meetings. And I can not let my hubby find out I have a problem again. I try to shut out my buddy however, I give up at times. BUT! I was clean and had a helthy baby boy and now i had to .... up again. I hate this, and my hubby is on the verge of finding out and if he does I do not know what will happen. I hneed help.............................
I hope to find it here.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by pena76
:crisis Hi, I am new at this. I am 27 mother (and wife) of 2. I had past problem w/ doc cocaine. However became pg, and quit! Was clean for 13 months, them boom. Just a small line, and now I am at it again. The hardest thing is that. I have my so called drug buddy across the street! Not good. I need support, and at the moment am not able to go to meetings. And I can not let my hubby find out I have a problem again. I try to shut out my buddy however, I give up at times. BUT! I was clean and had a helthy baby boy and now i had to .... up again. I hate this, and my hubby is on the verge of finding out and if he does I do not know what will happen. I hneed help.............................
I hope to find it here.
Welcome to SoberRecovery Pena. And congratulations for having quit before, especially being pregnant. Says a lot about the person you are under that cocaine addiction. All those months you didn't use, the disease was still inside you, untreated. So when you decided to have that little line, it was like an alarm clock going off and Poof! Off to the races. You may have a valid reason to want to hide this from your husband. Dunno. I've been told that we're as sick as the secrets we keep. And I believe that to be true today. And this drug buddy accross the street... Gotta get rid of that somehow, and real fast. If you're a young mom, staying at home with your baby boy, that's a recipe for disaster. Have you any family you can approach?
You've found a good place for support here.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Pena,

I am Triegger and alcoholic 5 days sober. You have come to the right place for care and support. I have little advice being so new in recovery, but what got me through was one minute/hour at a time.

Hang in there and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. There will be many others stopping by soon to offer more wisdom and encouragement.

Triegger
Old 07-07-2004, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi pena....
I am so glad you found us. You will find alot of wonderful people.
There is alot of Experience, Strength and Hope goin' around.

You do not need a buddy like the one across the street.

Let us know what you need...
Old 07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Pena!

We're glad your here, this is a great place for support!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

minutes count!~

True minutes count! THis has not been a daily habit for me, however.. When the day hits it is bad. I just turned the buddy away a couple hrs ago, I was proud. All I can do is hope and pray to have the strength next time! Thxs.. This place is positive! And glad I can find support! God blesss.......
Old 07-07-2004, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

wanting to get sober

undefinedundefined

hello everyone. another lush confessing.....

i started to drink everyday a few months ago. my liquor of choice was vodka. i would drink alone and end up blacking out, not remembering what happened. i need some support, so i can get this out of my system. :cussing:
Old 07-07-2004, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

WELCOME PENE AND GEM,GLAD YOUR HERE.I'M TED ALCOHOLIC/ADDICT.GREAT FOLKS HERE AT SR.KEEP POSTING,GET TO KNOW US.IT CAN GET BETTER ONCE WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT OUR PROBLEM.
GODSPEED...........................ted